What's new

A dove for Christmas

Hippy

Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2008
Messages
361
Reaction score
354
Golden Thread
0
I was able to scarf up a couple of rocks that had been rat holed in Ohio for a while. Good news is that they were the ugly white flint so it was a bit easier talking them into coming back to Illinois. The dove on the left is from Mercer County, Illinois and the Howard County on the right is from Cass County, Illinois. The dove is 5" long. It's a local piece for me found probably around 30 miles from where I grew up and I've hunted the area before. I was happy to wrangle them back from Ohio after about 6 or so months worth of trying off and on.

Merry Christmas to everyone and hope you enjoy the time with your families. Although my wife and I won't get to spend it with family, we'll at least be warm and I finally hope to see some Christmas lights on palm trees in Thailand.

Hippy
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3280.webp
    IMG_3280.webp
    243.1 KB · Views: 92
Upvote 0
Merry Christmas to you and your wife!


images_224.webp
 
Them are dandies Jeff. Good score!!

What do they do for Christmas In China??? Do they even recognize it?
 
Those are super fine points Hippy glad you got them a good home.:icon_thumleft:
 
I would take a ugly white point like that ANYDAY!!!! I'm glad you got them back home.. HH and HH.....
 
yea,not ugly at all.thanks for sharing those are great.
 
Nice as always Hippy!...............GTP
 
That is a beautiful point damn that's a killer NOTWORTY !!!!
 
Merry X-Mas!!!
 
Them are dandies Jeff. Good score!!

What do they do for Christmas In China??? Do they even recognize it?

They don't even recognize Christmas as Holiday here. It's just another work day. Although Christianity is one of the 5 religions allowed by the communist party, they don't really recognize any of the holidays associated with it. There's some Christmas decorations around, but it's mostly a way to try and advertise and make more money.

They do give a couple of days off for New Years and the Chinese New Year comes up at the end of January so there's a week off for that.

Thanks for all the replies everyone.

Hippy
 
Then we are happy to share Christmas greetings afar this season. Have a blessed holiday far from home.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom