devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I got out for a while yesterday for a relic hunt, and although I didn't find a boatload of relics I still enjoyed getting out. I found these 4 fired Minnie Balls and was amazed at the depth in which these were found. This was the first maiden voyage hunt with the Minelab Safari. I believe I will really like the Safari once I learn it and what it is saying. The pollen was horrible and spread with each footstep from the forest floor but wearing a mask helped tremendously as far as breathing. When I came from out of the woods I could have changed my avatar to "Ole Yeller". Here is a pic. If it posted. 20190331_221311.jpg

Upvote 0

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice saves there on the minnie's DD :thumbsup: Bottom right kinda look's like an Enfield?

OP
OP
devldog

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks, Civilman. Yes, the bullet to the right appeared to be an Enfield bullet. I had found some Gardner bullets in this area in the past but I wasn't able to find one this trip out. I love finding those Enfields and Gardner bullets.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm VERY! glad to see that you got out & your finds mirror mine (for metro Atlanta) as I get 70% fired rounds per the last few years. ....But Ill take em any day.

I got out on Sunday 'Right beside I-20' & found a small patch of woods , in 2 hrs , I was happy to get a fired 36 Ball , & an interesting old looking Brass thingy.
Crazy I also saw a few open holes with trash targets lying near-by.
I was glad to get something tho.

Also when I got home my black Cleats were Yellow. ..I thought it may not be that bad as it rained 1 quarter to a Half inch on Saturday Night into Sunday morning .

Great Job.

OP
OP
devldog

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Davers, like yourself I'd love to get into a virgin area and find some buttons and personal camp items such as carved bullets, etc. but this is every relic hunters dream. In the end, a Minnie' ball is a Relic and I'm just glad to be able to find these when I can. The possibilities along with the love of History keep the Thrill of the Hunt alive and is what keeps me going as I'm sure it does the same for you. Keep at it and Best of luck to you.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Davers, like yourself I'd love to get into a virgin area and find some buttons and personal camp items such as carved bullets, etc. but this is every relic hunters dream. In the end, a Minnie' ball is a Relic and I'm just glad to be able to find these when I can. The possibilities along with the love of History keep the Thrill of the Hunt alive and is what keeps me going as I'm sure it does the same for you. Keep at it and Best of luck to you.

You are right on with your assessment of me , i'd be glad to dig bullets / Minnie's if that's all I ever find.
GL

Dfxcobb

Dec 11, 2016
NW Alabama
Detector(s) used
whites mx sport. DFX tesori tiger shark
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
great finds..love the bullets

gilmerman

Dec 31, 2006
Central South East
Davers even after you except Christ, as your savior, the son of the only God you will never forget the dark scenes in your soul. Watching men die and burn screaming in a downed aircraft and be part of repelling attacks with fear and hate in your heart you can only pray for their souls and ask forgiveness. I am enjoying life given me by my God, my family, friends, and new friends here but I can never forget.

Last edited:

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Davers even after you except Christ, as your savior, the son of the only God you will never forget the dark scenes in your soul. Watching men die and burn screaming in a downed aircraft and be part of repelling attacks with fear and hate in your heart you can only pray for their souls and ask forgiveness. I am enjoying life given me by my God, my family, friends, and new friends here but I can never forget.

IMHO .
He , Jesus can forget our Sins & bad deeds /Thoughts but we shall always remember , esp, the horrific scenes you have described .
GD

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Don't you just love high impact minnies? Great finds!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread