A few finds with the XP Deus in an Extremely Iron Infested area!

Apr 13, 2012
Maryville, Tn
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is an area I have pounded with numerous high end detectors over the years and it is also one of those areas that is extremely infested with iron! I was able to pull a 1893 Barber Quarter and .925 Sterling Silver Ring which had a Makers Mark dating it back to the 1930's and a 1925 Buffalo Nickel!
5-5 040fb.jpg

sleepyjim

Jun 8, 2013
Reno Ish Nevada
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, GM1000, XP Deus, GB Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent, sweet finds!

Deus kills in junky areas!

Jim

ggossage

May 18, 2009
Eastern Nebraska
This is an area I have pounded with numerous high end detectors over the years and it is also one of those areas that is extremely infested with iron! I was able to pull a 1893 Barber Quarter and .925 Sterling Silver Ring which had a Makers Mark dating it back to the 1930's and a 1925 Buffalo Nickel!

Would you mind sharing your settings for a noob to the Deus? I'm planning on hitting an iron infested area and any help would be appreciated.

OP
OP
T
Apr 13, 2012
Maryville, Tn
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you everyone! I was using these settings
Frequency - 12khz
Sens - 80
TX Power - 2
Iron volume- 0
Disc - 8
Reactivity - 4
Silencer - -1
Notch - 97-99
Just set the tones and breakpoints to your preference.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As usual great finds buddy

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Would you mind sharing your settings for a noob to the Deus? I'm planning on hitting an iron infested area and any help would be appreciated.

Setting for one place may drastically be different for another. The best advice is use deus fast in a high iron area. Then you can adjust the settings to your liking once you get a good handle on the detector. My preferred settings may be way different than yours for a certain area but both end up finding the target when we go over it.

Holler if you have questions, love to help you! ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread