What's new

a few hours digging for a heartbreaker

Treefrog

Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 26, 2009
Messages
495
Reaction score
78
Golden Thread
0
Location
cookeville
found this Buck Creek today, a real heartbreaker, did not know it was so clear till after an acid bath though.
Tree
 

Attachments

  • SNB15914.webp
    SNB15914.webp
    40.2 KB · Views: 469
  • SNB15910.webp
    SNB15910.webp
    30.2 KB · Views: 451
  • SNB15918.webp
    SNB15918.webp
    27.1 KB · Views: 462
  • SNB15919.webp
    SNB15919.webp
    70.7 KB · Views: 460
  • SNB15922.webp
    SNB15922.webp
    75.4 KB · Views: 440
  • SNB15924.webp
    SNB15924.webp
    79.2 KB · Views: 455
Upvote 0
Nice find/material Tree. I believe that rock was still in use. That acid bath really cleaned it. I would love to find it. Thanks for the dig pics.
 
theviking said:
Very cool. almost looks like Smoky Quartz, heartbreaker for sure. Thanks for the view.
My first thought was some variant of quartz too! I'm far from an expert though! :icon_thumleft:
 
Beautiful ! Looks like chalcedony / agate (members of the quartz family)

Rich.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom