What's new

A few more boxes today, and a little special prize!!!

Shake-N-Bake

Hero Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2007
Messages
647
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Hello everyone,
I picked up two boxes of pennies, a box of nickels, and a box of dimes today. When I opened a box of pennies the was one that didnt look quit right.

I just found my first indian head penny. :icon_sunny:

I had to post it as soon as I took the picture so I don't have the total count of what is in the boxes. I will update as soon as I finish.

Happy Hunting,
Jason
 

Attachments

  • 1-6-09coins.webp
    1-6-09coins.webp
    40.9 KB · Views: 428
  • 1-6-09coins2.webp
    1-6-09coins2.webp
    50.1 KB · Views: 413
Upvote 0
WOOHOOO!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: congrats on ur first IH best of luck with the rest of ur boxes
 
Very nice! You got it out of the way early in the year! Good deal.

-Codes
 
Awesome job on the Injun, and its on the end of a roll too!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
Nice - pretty slim odds of seeing that on the end roll. Swwweet!

Maine_Jim
 
Nice! Let's hope there are a few of his friends in that box as well. lol :wink:
 
The suspense is killing me, you must know the year of it by now!
 
WOW Jason...i bet not too many people have seen that on the end of a roll...WTG :thumbsup:
 
Yea, whats the date? The suspence is killin me too!!!! ???
 
Ok guys here it is. the Indian Head penny was a 1896. I am not completely done with the box yet, I am waiting for my kids to get out of so becuase they love doing pennies. I just couldnt wait to do that roll. :wink:

Other box results:

$100 nickels = 1 silver WAR nickel, 1943P
43 pre 1960's (very high grade 1965 & 1968)
2002 Cayman Island nickel

$250 dimes = 2 silver (1946 & 1964) first time getting more than one in a box
1973 panama dime?

pennies i will update when done.
So far 1896 indian head penny

Happy hunting,
Jason
 
LOL - congrats on your best dime box ever!!!! :tongue3:

1896 IH - thats awesome bud!!!!
 
Final Penny unpdate:

$50 pennies = 1896 Indian Head penny :thumbsup:

23 Wheats: 1911, 13, 14, 15, 18 (x2), 23, 29D, 39, 41, 42, 45, 48, 51, 51D, 53, 55, 55D, 56, 56D (x3), 57D

173 Canadian's :'( :'( :'( (oldest being 1941)
Extremely a lot of canadian pennies in these boxes...

Happy Hunting,
Jason
 

Attachments

  • 1-6-09coins4.webp
    1-6-09coins4.webp
    12.2 KB · Views: 315
Way to go man that IH is sweet!!! :D had to be an awesome feeling, i about fell out of my chair yesterday when i got my first Buffalo lol best of luck in the future :D

HH
 
Kudos on the IH SNB!!! Great picture too having that baby on the end of the roll like that. You don't see that too often.

I sure hope your not working Mrs. SNB too hard over there....lol....give her a break huh......ha!

Again, CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Great find on the indian and on the older wheaties!
 
Congrats on the find!!! I keep hoping to find an IH in my penny box searches, but the gods have not smiled upon me yet. I still get good loads of copper and wheats though, so I am not too unhappy.

I wonder if penny roll hunting will become a substitute for Half Roll Hunting when the silver finally dries up??

Happy hunting everyone!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom