What's new

A few more N.Y. Fossils

BurntBear

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2014
Messages
1,450
Reaction score
1,305
Golden Thread
0
Location
N.E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Shovels....lots of shovels!
Primary Interest:
Other
These are scattered across a large, flat stone; about 15-20 lb. section. I'm more curious about the white rings that appear pearl-like in appearance.

125_4328.webp 125_4329.webp

125_4330.webp 125_4331.webp

125_4333.webp
 
Sections of crinoid stem.

The animal disintegrates and the void left in the rock is filled with calcite or other minerals.
 
Thanks for the help. :occasion14:

Another one:

125_4338.webp 125_4336.webp 125_4337.webp
 
That last one looks like a brachiopod imprint...maybe...
 
tons of fossels like that around here pa/ny boarder....don't know of any collectors or if they are worth anything...if they are I have tons for sale ! my sister in law in NC collects a few from here just because she likes them...if anybody wants some let me know!
 
I have tons of fossils that COULD be for sale too...
LOL !! :laughing7:
This is what I found today alone.007.webp011.webp012.webp013.webp014.webp015.webp016.webp
 
Last edited:
I just got back to this thread; those shell fossels are very cool..
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom