What's new

a few NM finds

footxless

Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2012
Messages
29
Reaction score
15
Golden Thread
0
Location
belen
Detector(s) used
garret ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are a few finds from central NM
 

Attachments

  • 20160502_190606.webp
    20160502_190606.webp
    668.5 KB · Views: 172
  • 20160502_190641.webp
    20160502_190641.webp
    732.3 KB · Views: 118
  • 20160601_124303.webp
    20160601_124303.webp
    294.9 KB · Views: 116
  • 20160502_162343.webp
    20160502_162343.webp
    795.6 KB · Views: 124
  • 20160502_163447.webp
    20160502_163447.webp
    475.4 KB · Views: 128
  • 20160502_163453.webp
    20160502_163453.webp
    808.5 KB · Views: 112
  • 20160502_164219.webp
    20160502_164219.webp
    629.9 KB · Views: 130
  • 20161004_145743.webp
    20161004_145743.webp
    467 KB · Views: 110
  • 20161004_145821.webp
    20161004_145821.webp
    604.8 KB · Views: 125
Upvote 0
Nice painted Pottery Shards. Is it mostly Anasazi or Pueblo? Do you have any other artifacts? Any Points, Tools, or Beads? Would like to see them if you do.
 
Cool stuff love the painted images
 
Nice stuff.... Was it well preserved due to climate or is just not that old ?
 
sadly i have lost the few points i have found in that area while mvoing. there is so much potery out there and tons of napped stones but very few points. this was collected in around 1 hour out there on a very windy day.
 

Attachments

  • 20170106_202656.webp
    20170106_202656.webp
    1 MB · Views: 127
  • 20170106_202826.webp
    20170106_202826.webp
    538.1 KB · Views: 116
  • 20170106_202841.webp
    20170106_202841.webp
    754.3 KB · Views: 120
Nice painted Pottery Shards. Is it mostly Anasazi or Pueblo? Do you have any other artifacts? Any Points, Tools, or Beads? Would like to see them if you do.
Not my area of study, but it looks like Pueblo Red on Black and Pueblo Black on White.
 
Fine area to hunt and nice pottery, to bad you lost your points. I use to hunt just over the Tx. line around Carlsbad up to the area of Hobbs. You are right on the wind it blows most of the time, but it will uncover some sites and cover up others. We use to have a member on here by the name of Kat, but I have not seen any post from her in awhile and her an her husband was from the area of Mule creek. Do you live in this Nm. or just use to live there? Great finds though.:icon_thumright:
 
New Mexico has some really nice material and unique pottery, thanks for showing.
 
Nice finds!! Lots of pieces to look over!!
I've never been to NM to hunt but My Uncle lives near Albuquerque and I will be planning a trip soon. Can't wait I've heard good things about your area.
 
i have only found 2 points out there and the where really small. I live in central NM.
 
Nobody mentioned the horned toad -------- cute little bugger.
 
That was from a hunt this summer. It's to cold now.
.
 
That's some awesome shards. Love the colors. all ours is the same color for the most part.
 
Nobody mentioned the horned toad -------- cute little bugger.

Yeah that little guy is cool. I couldn't think of the name. I didn't want to call it the frog lizard thing haha!
 
Very nice. I was at my uncles place in Silver City NM last year and found a point made of that pink stuff you have there. did not find any pottery pieces though.

Me and my two brothers were also catching horny toads - grown men chasing around lizards! :)

Oh and then I found this little dude- weird eh?

hopper.webp
 
Last edited:
That's a Dactylotum grasshopper. " I did not know that off hand lol".
 
nice finds to the op
 
Also to the OP. Do you know of the the City of Rocks in NM?

Turned into a public campsite in the 50's but was Native american camp fro something like 3000 years! Very interesting place.
 
I think i visited it when i was younger. I haunt the manzanos and the rio puerco mostly.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom