What's new

A Find Sunday At Work.

monsterrack

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2013
Messages
4,429
Reaction score
5,831
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd been looking at a field on my runs hauling fuel that is next door to another spot that I haven't had time to hunt. As luck would have it I saw a man coming out of the field and stopped and introduced myself an told him about me having permission to hunt the land next to his. He told me come anytime I want to look around, so I made a quick walk around and found nothing until I was heading back to my tanker. It looked like a smooth odd shaped rock so I pulled it and was surprised that it was a drill or a punch. 0311191248b.webp0311191249.webp0311191249a.webp
 
Upvote 0
I'd been looking at a field on my runs hauling fuel that is next door to another spot that I haven't had time to hunt. As luck would have it I saw a man coming out of the field and stopped and introduced myself an told him about me having permission to hunt the land next to his. He told me come anytime I want to look around, so I made a quick walk around and found nothing until I was heading back to my tanker. It looked like a smooth odd shaped rock so I pulled it and was surprised that it was a drill or a punch.View attachment 1689618View attachment 1689619View attachment 1689620

In the cross section - a triangle?
 
that is a unique drill.

that just goes to show that you never know what you may find.
 
In the cross section - a triangle?
On one end it is a triangle, but on the end with the chipped bit it is oblong. It's a natural stone that fit what they wanted.
 
Very Nice! :thumbsup:
Looks like they utilized a nodule that would serve it's purpose, and last.
 
Cool ! I can't add anything to the conversation, just chiming in that I also can't recall ever seeing a drill, awl, or tool made that way, quite unique . HH
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom