What's new

A first for me.1918 Walking Liberty Half

kickback

Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2004
Messages
62
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Location
South Dakota
Sorry I tried to take a picture of it but it came out bad.It's in real good shape.It was a little over 8" deep and at a pretty good angle.I also found a 1946 and 1953 Rosie,1939 and 1962 Jefferson Nickel,1918-plain,1920-d,1928-s(?),1946 plain and a 1950-d Wheaties.Also 3 copper Lincoln pennies.I've been finding a few wheaties at this site every trip.I just got into the area that has some silver now.My CZ 70 was humming.Bill
 
Upvote 0
Nice finds . Looks like you were in one hot spot. Hope you get some pictures up. Would love to see them .
 
Thats a good site you found i bet theres alot more. congrats aa
 
SAounds like some nice finds and a great place to hunt.
 
holy smokes,, soungs like a real fun spot !!! all the best on the return. ;D
 
I met a guy on this forum who lives close by me.I took him to an old little known park this afternoon.He found a 1902 Indian penny in excellent condition early in the hunt.He's still smiling.I stopped on the way home from dropping him off at an old house in the middle of know where.I found one coin in the short time I was there,it was getting dark fast.A 1947 Canadian penny.I have the feeling that there are some old coins there.No pulltabs or bottle caps in the yard.There does appear to be a skunk den under the house.It's a real fragrant place to hunt.Bill
 
Congrats, you have made my envy list, I have yet to hit a walker, I'm hoping for someday soon tho'.
 
Nice! That big silver gives you a charge that dimes and even quarters don't!
 
Congrats. The Walking liberty is my favorite coin. Sounds like you have a real hot spot there. I would definitely hit it hard and from several angles, too. Look forward to seeing the pics that you took of it.
 
congrats! I have only found 1 Walking HAlf in 17 years of hunting.... mine was a 1920 in realy good shape.... found it around an old church within the 1st 5 mins of my hunt.... bout an inch or so deep... was very awesome! I know you are on cloud nine! Dont be disappointed if you dont find another for a while... the thrill is the chase...
 
a walker is still on my wish list. very high on the wish list i might add! ::) i really want to find one! congrats on yours!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom