A Fools Button

cannonball

Feb 20, 2010
East Coast NJ
Detector(s) used
DEUS 11 Fisher F75ltd,TDI Minelab Excailber
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
So I followed a few ox shoes into the forest and came across an early homestead. I found a few coins, a tombac, a small lead hammer head, a musket ball, a silver thimble and other trinkets. The large copper coin looks like it could be a Connecticut but it's too worn for me to confirm. The Indian Head pennies don't seem to fit the time frame of the rest of the site. They were surface coins. When the 37mm stamped brass button came up I wondered who would wear on outfit like that depicted on the button? Only a fool would!! It seems to be some type of court jester button. Maybe someone here could identify it?

Attachments

• fool.jpg
    fool.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 94
  • fool2.jpg
    fool2.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 79
  • fool3.png
    fool3.png
    156.6 KB · Views: 79
Upvote 16
So I followed a few ox shoes into the forest and came across an early homestead. I found a few coins, a tombac, a small lead hammer head, a musket ball, a silver thimble and other trinkets. The large copper coin looks like it could be a Connecticut but it's too worn for me to confirm. The Indian Head pennies don't seem to fit the time frame of the rest of the site. They were surface coins. When the 37mm stamped brass button came up I wondered who would wear on outfit like that depicted on the button? Only a fool would!! It seems to be some type of court jester button. Maybe someone here could identify it?
Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back