Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It was my last opportunity to hunt before the snowstorm, so I headed to “The Park” from work and was on the ground detecting by 1:15. Air temp was 27F and the top inch to two of ground was frozen. After about 20 minutes, my fingers were very stiff and cold and loosing sensation, so I just had to stop and take 20 minutes to warm them up. At that point, I decided to get back to the truck and give it up for the day. Fingers were ok by the time I got back, so I tried another combination of gloves and this worked well. I could have detected for hours with the more protective glove combo, but the snow came and it was time to head home. With the cold temps, the dirt was freezing to the pinpointer. Although I detected for only an hour and a half after the glove change, there were some good finds: 3 wheats: ’13, ’19, and ’35, a two piece button piece with a fancy design, and the “find of the day”, a .69 caliber minie ball. The Harpers Ferry rifle fired this size round and we know Union troops were camped here during the Civil War.
finds.jpg

Upvote 20
.Nice digs! Glad you got out before the snow. Seems I'm done for a while all I'll be digging this weekend is snow. That's a nice 69. Always a cool find. Thanks for sharing

HH, Relic Nut

Well done, , you're a die hard.
If it wasn't for the snow we have coming,
I would be going out tomorrow.
Congrats on your finds.

Thanks Relic Nut. Looks like I will get out again next weekend....if the snow is gone. Soil conditions should be excellent.

Can totally relate to the conditions, I went out today around 3:30 as the snow was starting, lasted about an hour, came up with $2 in clad, a junk ring, and usual trash.

That's about the time I left. Headed back to the JFX and north to home. Nice clad take!

Congrats on pulling those keepers. :occasion14: Man... aren't we addicted to swinging the coil. I am planning on getting out for a few hours in the woods Sunday. Tomorrow the high may hit 25 degrees. Sunday it's supposed to warm up to a tropical 33 degrees.

Hey L-D, you've got me 'pegged-to-the-T'; I accept the "A" word. 33 does sound a bit more comfortable; throw in some sunshine and we're cookin'.

Thanks Trezurehunter, Agreed. A couple hour hunt is better than not getting out. The winter months always present the extra challenge of staying warm.

Very nice three ringer! :occasion14:

Wish I could get out, snow coming and frozen ground. :BangHead:

Pretty awesome to unplug that stuff at a park.

Yes!, City Digger. In the past four months I've had an amazing variety of finds that span the past 200 years.

Thanks Professor. Every now and then one of these, either a drop or a fired shows up here. The Union soldiers were here at various times during the War and they must have taken firing practice.

Thanks Trapperart. Thought the hunt was goin' bust, but it turned out to produce some good finds.

DIGS SOME NICE FINDS ...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back