A gift and a rescue

Chitlin

Dec 7, 2007
South Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found these gems a few days apart...... the point, (rare to find down here on the coast), I feel like it was a gift moreso than a find. It was a day where I'd been feeling sorry for myself :crybaby2:, cant ever seem to be in the right spot at the right time and it was gonna rain on my parade again. Well, I went for the walk despite the rain. As soon as I stepped down onto the beach area, I felt a slight rush of something, either the 20knt north wind or in hindsight, a spirit perhaps walked in front of me... but I had the feeling, "I'm gonna find something cool". Took about 10 steps and whola, this little point was just laying there, on top of all the rubble, gleaming at me... like it was put there a minute before. I picked it up and clutched it tightly, not even looking at it, just holding it... it was about 38 f and that cold wind but my body was warm all over....

The rescue..... was at a spot with much chaos, heavy equipment, change orders and barking operators. Some dirt got moved for a minute and was going to be put back the next. Well, during the brief halt and conversations, I saw what I thought was a big marble, it was screaming... "come get me, please come get me"... So I did. Turns out to be this doll head. Been buried for a hundred years and was fixin to be buried back for another hundred or so...but now she has new digs with us. :hello2:

Attachments

• IMG_0264.JPG
    IMG_0264.JPG
    810.4 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_0263.JPG
    IMG_0263.JPG
    623.5 KB · Views: 96
Upvote 3

surf

Silver Member
Jan 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
seeing eye shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Chitlin,

Great grab on that young lady! She is a most excellent, and unusual find. I wonder if the hat and tunic are baseball related…

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 / TESORO SAND SHARK / CZ 21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool....and didn,t even need the ole detector !!!

One of a kind find for sure...nice !!

OP
OP
Chitlin

Chitlin

Dec 7, 2007
South Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks..... new laptop and I can't figure out how to resize my pictures......anyway, she does seem smug now. 8-)

Attachments

• IMG_0272.JPG
    IMG_0272.JPG
    572.6 KB · Views: 58

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Wonderfully intact, splendid finds! :hello2: :occasion18: :blob9: :hello2: Your arrowhead & doll are two of the grooviest finds I've seen here, no contest! Andi

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for posting the wonderful story & that sure is a beautiful Point, and neat Doll Head.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread