A Guaranteed Silver hunt with Carolina Tom

P@tch

Apr 9, 2013
mooresville,nc
Detector(s) used
minelab explorer 2, etrac, deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
got out Sunday morning for a hunt with Carolina Tom at his new honey hole. I think I kinda invited myself to this hunt! Glad I did! Tom almost found everything before I got to hunt this site with him,but not quite all. I dug 34 Wheaties for the day but also found 5 shiney objects along the way. got a 43 war nickel 45 merc. a lawnmower chewed up silver spoon. and help with hallmarks appreciated! Two silver rings, I haven't found Two silver rings in six months much less in one day. found a 1939 worlds fair token and boy do I like finding tokens. got a dateless buffalo and a junk ring too. dug a total of 145 coins for the day and it slap wore me out. Again a Big shout out to my host Carolina Tom for IMG_0057.jpg IMG_0058.jpg IMG_0059.jpg IMG_0060.jpg IMG_0061.jpg IMG_0062.jpg IMG_0065.jpg IMG_0066 (1).jpg IMG_0055.jpg not only sharing his site, but for not finding all the Treasure. Merry Christmas to Everyone.

Upvote 18
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the wheat cents, rabies tag and other nice relics! :occasion14:

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You two were like a pair a WWF wrestlers going at it in a no holds barred CAGE MATCH! Digging like a couple of rabid badgers sucking up every coin, token, spoon, fire hydrant, etc. LOL! Great hunt and always a joy when T-netters get together to recover some cool old history. You two plum wore ME out! Well done.:icon_salut:

Old Pueblo

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2017
Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds there. Thats a lot of wheaties! And the token is awesome.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Patch your are looking as good as your last hunt. I mean dude you are a new person. :notworthy: Kudos to you. Outstanding hunt and finds also. Sounds to be a great site to swing the coil, silver is silver and you scored a few. That place was loaded with wheat. God Bless Tom, for sharing, he's one great guy., glad I met & hunted with the both of you and others. Looking forward to hunting with ya'll in the future. Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas.

scruggs

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2008
Northern Alabama
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Now that was a hunt. 145 coins taken out in a day, they can’t be much left in that hole! Great job!

OP
OP
P@tch

P@tch

Apr 9, 2013
mooresville,nc
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You two were like a pair a WWF wrestlers going at it in a no holds barred CAGE MATCH! Digging like a couple of rabid badgers sucking up every coin, token, spoon, fire hydrant, etc. LOL! Great hunt and always a joy when T-netters get together to recover some cool old history. You two plum wore ME out! Well done.:icon_salut:

Thanks Kurios. It’ll take me a few days to get over all that diggin!

OP
OP
P@tch

P@tch

Apr 9, 2013
mooresville,nc
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
P@tch,, a mans gotta do what a mans gotta do.
Congrats on your finds and for inviting yourself. lol

Thanks Against the wind. I hunt whenever I can with the silver mafia gang even if they don’t want me too!

Tired Rooster

Nov 6, 2011
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelabs and Tesoros
Several of them....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lots of good finds.....good site and a good hunt!

OP
OP
P@tch

P@tch

Apr 9, 2013
mooresville,nc
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Patch your are looking as good as your last hunt. I mean dude you are a new person. :notworthy: Kudos to you. Outstanding hunt and finds also. Sounds to be a great site to swing the coil, silver is silver and you scored a few. That place was loaded with wheat. God Bless Tom, for sharing, he's one great guy., glad I met & hunted with the both of you and others. Looking forward to hunting with ya'll in the future. Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas.

Loco digger your too kind! I feel like a new person too. Guess I’ve lost as much weight as a 12 year old in the last 6 months. Looking forward to seeing you for another hunt. Have a merry Christmas! Thanks

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other

I posted some silver coins, next thing I know...

P@tch was in my driveway, first thing in the morning. He had my truck blocked in, so I couldn’t leave. He about cleaned the place out LD, I’m surprised that he left the dirt there. He got both the good rings and left none for me.

It was nice to have a productive place for us to hunt. We had a good time, and both found good stuff. Thank God I found the Walker, you would have heard my crying all the way in Ohio, if he had gotten that too.

I hope that you and the family have a very Merry Christmas.

OP
OP
P@tch

P@tch

Apr 9, 2013
mooresville,nc
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks tired rooster it’s one of those rare finds

OP
OP
P@tch

P@tch

Apr 9, 2013
mooresville,nc
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m working on a guaranteed silver hunt to happen real soon. Hope he invites me back...lol

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Amazing finds, Wow! :hello2::headbang::notworthy:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I posted some silver coins, next thing I know...

P@tch was in my driveway, first thing in the morning. He had my truck blocked in, so I couldn’t leave. He about cleaned the place out LD, I’m surprised that he left the dirt there. He got both the good rings and left none for me.

It was nice to have a productive place for us to hunt. We had a good time, and both found good stuff. Thank God I found the Walker, you would have heard my crying all the way in Ohio, if he had gotten that too.

I hope that you and the family have a very Merry Christmas.

Tom, I bet he did have you blocked, :tongue3: He's digging more holes than he used to. Ya got me laughing about the dirt though and the Walker. I'm off Thursday through the New Year, plan on doing some detecting since the snow thawed. Try to end the season with a bang.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Well I hope that you are proud of yourself P@tch.

I take you to my best spot, and you go all berserk and dig up all of the treasure! You could have put the second ring back in the hole, I might have found it, maybe

Hopefully someone will ID that 2 piece button. I just hope it’s not too good of a find. I hope it’s JCPenny from the 1970s.

Good to see you. Congrats on the nice score of goodies. We will get all over it again soon.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread