What's new

A hunt is a hunt.

NJ Garrett

Full Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
115
Reaction score
235
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had an hour to hunt so I went to most recent site.

Found a few odds and ends. A buffalo nickel. A silver earring. A fairly old buckle. A couple nice buttons. One is old. The other is WWII. I found it on this site. :)

And what I believe to be a house adornment. I'd love input on that last thing. No markings on it.

Hope to get out tomorrow!

Kevin 20151231_171931.webp20151231_171959.webp20151231_172005.webp
 
Upvote 16
That's an odd one. Looks like a really small broach.
 
I'd love to know what that last thing is, too, if anyone knows: I dug something just like it last week, although on mine, the two bits that jut out are longer, like two horns; at first I thought it might be a broken ring, but the "front" is so plain with no design at all, that I don't think it is...
 
Sorry guys. I meant to write "horse adornment" not house. LOL. Darn spellchecker.

I have found two of these that look like shields, which were identified as horse ornaments that attach to leather straps. I suspect that this is the same.

If anyone has other info, let me know!

Kevin
 
Nice old spun Tombac button.
 
Nice digs, looks like a good spot to find more relics and coins.
 
You and me both! The dirt calls to me, ha!
 
I found something very similar to that last mystery item back in the summer.
I can't post a pic now 'cause I'm not on my own computer. I assumed mine was a small buckle of some sort but now I'm wondering again.
 
Yes, a leather mount from horse tack, might be late 18th C, but could also be 19th.
 
Nice hunt NJ,
I'm looking at the back of your mystery item. The two fasteners seem to have threads similar to a screw. Maybe it is just the way they have deteriorated or perhaps they were soldered to the base or the plate?? Can you remove any corrosion with a toothpick, around the area where the fasteners are attached to the plate? I don't think they go completely through the plate. There is nothing to indicate that, on the face of the plate.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom