A jewelry kinda day.

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some good finds. Kinda slow for a Friday. This was with some gold filled stuff at an estate sale. 1.5 gr 14 k.

image-1629635154.jpg

Next was 3.7 g of 10 karat gold it was a dollar. Both broken but that's okay.

image-1541928693.jpg

This 2 gr pin is also 10K $.99 at the thrift store.

image-4077572301.jpg

A pretty nice Malachite stone Necklace. I think I'm going to put a Sterling clasp on it might go for a little more. But it was a dollar.

image-2522816280.jpg

The bracelet was free the lady said it was so tarnished there's nothing she could do with it. But it is signed and marked 14K Sterling. I'll tarnx it tomorrow.

image-2950172449.jpg

If you see these out don't ever pass them up if they're cheap. I paid two dollars for them including the tapes. The center one sells for about $35-$50. The two and end ones sell for around $15 each. He threw the tapes in with them so hopefully they'll work.

image-1523575492.jpg

image-2733215695.jpg

And last were six Ralph Loren/ colombia bath towels. They are the huge ones and they're really soft and they were two dollars apiece but we're going to keep them because ours are from Walmart and their horrible!

insontis

Aug 27, 2013
Blue Springs, MO
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thankfully the TS I get my jewelry from hasn't caught onto the award pins being made of precious metals. Was able to pick out a nice one that is marked gold filled but has another piece attached that may be solid (haven't tested it) and has three genuine (lab created) sapphires. Was only $0.99 but even as GF is worth more in scrap..

Great finds & thanks for the tip! :)

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds! It might have been a slow day for you but when you come home with Gold and Silver for a few bucks, that's what it is all about! GoodLuck!

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BeachKid23,

Sometimes pin makers will use a base medallion of GF and then will set a smaller tab, similar to the one you have that reads "Algonquin" made of 14K with the stones set into it. I went to a antiques store one day and they had a box of them on the floor and a few on a display board. I bought 2 and tested them about a week later. Once i figured out each one contained 1.5 grams of 14K, i came back and bought the remaining 30.

IF you plan on polishing that bracelet, i would recommend Happich. I haven't used Tarn-x in a long time but that is due to my dad getting me a tube of Happich. I have yet to use another brand since and it works on everything. Yesterday i polished a large copper pot, 1 sterling bracelet for the girlfriend and finally a Gillette TTO razor i added to my collection with the stuff. Its really versatile and you will be impressed.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BeachKid23,

Sometimes pin makers will use a base medallion of GF and then will set a smaller tab, similar to the one you have that reads "Algonquin" made of 14K with the stones set into it. I went to a antiques store one day and they had a box of them on the floor and a few on a display board. I bought 2 and tested them about a week later. Once i figured out each one contained 1.5 grams of 14K, i came back and bought the remaining 30.

IF you plan on polishing that bracelet, i would recommend Happich. I haven't used Tarn-x in a long time but that is due to my dad getting me a tube of Happich. I have yet to use another brand since and it works on everything. Yesterday i polished a large copper pot, 1 sterling bracelet for the girlfriend and finally a Gillette TTO razor i added to my collection with the stuff. Its really versatile and you will be impressed.

Nice! Thanks ill have to get some. I have a copper pot from Saturday to clean up too! Those pins are sleepers. They seem to come up very offen. Everyone seems to miss them... Well but me. I look for them all the time along with the hat pins at the thrift stores. They are missed most of the time. I'll have to see where they sell happich I have never heard of it. The stone and the bracelet is Ivory and I found a similar one that sold for $280!

Makes up for my other purchase that was my bigger mistake this weekend. Paid $20 for an egg collection.... They looked antique and I Was told there was a different napkin ring for everyone in the bottom of the box. And I thought maybe they would be Sterling Napkin rings?!? A lot of the eggs were stone or marble. So maybe I will get my money back but I was surprised when I open the box and the rings were all plastic! That was definitely an impulse buy. Hoping for something magical but in the end it was just a bunch of old egg shells and rock eggs!

Normally my wife likes what I buy. but that one she was dumbfounded! She said Easter is over why you bringing home Easter eggs!!

image-1624477004.jpg

image-1575285809.jpg

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks guys for the mention of the pins. I started checking the cases at my local TS and came across a set of Swank cufflinks in the original box. I knew they were not gold but wanted to check them out closer. Upon closer inspection, I noticed a pin with the cufflinks. I have several cufflinks that need to be sold and I can use the box for displaying on eBay so I paid the $4.99. Got home and checked the pin and its a 40 year pin for ARMCO. 10K and 4 grams. I thought it said "MIOK" at first. Then looked it up on eBay. Sweet! I LOVE TREASURENET!

Last edited:

Grundestoun

Dec 16, 2010
Idaho
Detector(s) used
coinmaster 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happich is semichrome polish. You can buy it on eBay for les than $10

Flick420

Jan 14, 2011
I dont know much about the eggs, but i was recently at a gem and mineral show, and they were wholesaling similar eggs for between 5-10 dollars some even for more; depending upon the material they were made of. So you might luck out and be able to make your money back and then some on the stones ones. You just gotta find someone that likes stone eggs...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread