What's new

A Little After Work Beach Gold!

HenryWaltonJonesJr

Hero Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2013
Messages
985
Reaction score
675
Golden Thread
0
Location
Downtown Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, AT Pro, Compadre, SeaHunter II, AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The rain stopped and the sun came out after work, so grab my wife and off to the beach we go!

I had about an hour before dark and after the heavy rains and wind shift the lake retreated so I figured I'd hit just above the surf line. It was getting dark and all I had to show was a couple cents and some junk. I can tell my wife was ready to go, standing staring at me with her Compadre slung over her shoulder like a mini civil war rifleman. "Five more minutes", I say and start detecting by the walkway ramp towards the exit. I have a solid pulltab hit, but wait, its not a pulltab! I wish I had looked at the VDI but generally I run in Pro mode with nothing elim and no disc...just so I can hear whats going on in the ground.

Anyway, first gold of the year, nice little 14k religious piece from MEX, its pretty beat up, must have been out there a while, but still pretty to me! Okay, now we can go home!

(And yes, this was found with my ATPRO.:tongue3:)

image1.webp

image2.webp

image3.webp

image4.webp

image5.webp
 
Upvote 16
Nice. I haven't had much luck with sand yet, but I will. Gratz.
 
Well, some beach! That looks like real gold!
 
Sweet gold ...congrats..
 
Nothing like shinny gold! Congrats!
If the gold pendant has rose gold in it it may have read as a penny. I had one mixed with copper do that on my M6...oddest looking "penny" I ever found, but I was sure glad I kept digging, it was deep!

The stud earring looks like silver.
 
The stud earring looks like silver.

I was hoping so, but it reads in the gold range...no marks or anything on it. It started bugging me so I threw it away. It was probably platinum or something. It was so clean it might have been something, but ah well, I'm sticking with junk!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom