Headed out early yesterday to try and avoid some of the road construction that seems to be everywhere all at once. In that, I was unsuccessful.
A bit too chilly in the early morning to get directly into the water, so I hunted the dry sand for a little over an hour.
Here's the dry sand finds:
That was actually more than I expected to find as this beach gets hit pretty hard, in fact there was another guy detecting while I was there.
With the coming of the beach goers to claim their spots, I went back to the car to don my wetsuit.
It was really slow going with very few targets for the first few hours.
Then a tourist staying in a nearby cabin said "I saw you out here last evening, do you think you missed anything?"
Well, now I know why there were so few targets.
I decided to move into an area of the beach with black sand that's pretty tough to hunt with all the falsing. I threw a penny and a pulltab into it and spent some time tweaking one of my programs so I felt I could reliably hear them, then went to work.
I was shocked at the number of targets I was able to discern there.
Here's the booty:
The milgrain ring is Sterling. The 1955-D wheat cent and old key came from the same square foot as the ring.
The key has something written on it but I can't make it out:
So, no gold yet for the summer, but I'm on the board with silver...and anyways; what a great way to spend the day (it was 99f in Reno while I was wading at the beach!).
Nice and calm in the early morning:
A bit too chilly in the early morning to get directly into the water, so I hunted the dry sand for a little over an hour.
Here's the dry sand finds:
That was actually more than I expected to find as this beach gets hit pretty hard, in fact there was another guy detecting while I was there.
With the coming of the beach goers to claim their spots, I went back to the car to don my wetsuit.
It was really slow going with very few targets for the first few hours.
Then a tourist staying in a nearby cabin said "I saw you out here last evening, do you think you missed anything?"
Well, now I know why there were so few targets.
I decided to move into an area of the beach with black sand that's pretty tough to hunt with all the falsing. I threw a penny and a pulltab into it and spent some time tweaking one of my programs so I felt I could reliably hear them, then went to work.
I was shocked at the number of targets I was able to discern there.
Here's the booty:
The milgrain ring is Sterling. The 1955-D wheat cent and old key came from the same square foot as the ring.
The key has something written on it but I can't make it out:
So, no gold yet for the summer, but I'm on the board with silver...and anyways; what a great way to spend the day (it was 99f in Reno while I was wading at the beach!).
Nice and calm in the early morning:
Upvote
15







