What's new

A Little Silver + Some Big FOOLS Gold

wildcarrot

Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2013
Messages
521
Reaction score
2,188
Golden Thread
0
Location
SoCal
Detector(s) used
old used white's surfmaster PI, Dual Field, DFX, Minelab GM 1000 and Nox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A Little Silver + Some Big FOOL'S Gold

Had a great hunt this afternoon in the wet sand. Some small cuts and erosion here and there. One of those days where you don't travel to far and work a small area. I've found a few Claddagh rings but this is my first Claddagh Cross...The silver ring is really old and crusty even after cleaning. It is stamped 925 with a makers mark and size stamped 8...A nice large St. Christopher medal with a surfer on the back. Also found a couple of small Russian coins and the Econo Wash token. The car wash doesn't exist anymore and the token has become a bit of a collectible, according to Google. Last but LEAST is the FOOL'S Gold. My first 14K 28g Italian chain found in high surf last Wednesday. I was soooo stoked, called my wife from the beach, guess what I found! When I got home did the scratch/acid test for 14K just to be sure :sadsmiley: tested for 10K :sadsmiley: drove down the gold buyer jeweler, thought my testing acid had gone bad, have them check it :sadsmiley: so it's a really nice looking stamped 14K Italian fake chain. Anyway I had three hours of euphoria and I will find a real one someday. Good luck out there..



002.webp005.webp007.webp011.webp014.webp016.webp020.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Those are some nice finds!! I like the old car wash token. That's too bad about your chain. I don't understand why they mark it 14k when it's not gold.
 
Bummer on the chain. I worked a few erosion cuts today and you still did better than I did. Good luck!
 
That's a nice assortment! Congrats! what part of Cali are you!
 
Wildcarrot, That's quite an interesting array of finds! :hello2:

Too bad about the bogus14K chain; Next time you'll find the real thing!:thumbsup:

That is a beautiful cross find; and congrats on the silver ring find..I love old silver

I wish you the best in your next hunt.

Lorraine
 
Rich - glad you are finding some targets. Local beaches seem to be sanded in these days unless you get lucky and that one tide cycle opens up a pocket. I pulled a small silver ring and $4 clad last night. go a $20 coin. Too bad it is Jamaican so only worth $0.18 USD. Can't wait for fall erosion to start.
 
Sorry about the chain - I had one of those this summer too. You just wonder whether people thought they were buying the real deal and got scammed, or whether they knew they were buying a fake.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom