What's new

a little silver today

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 16, 2009
Messages
1,915
Reaction score
120
Golden Thread
0
Location
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went on a decent little road trip today, stopped at quite a few banks. One of the first few banks I stopped at had some loose halves, most banks had none at all. But in the $1.50 loose, there was a 69 ken. It felt like a good start to the day, so I kept rollin around town. I was looking for dimes too, a lot of banks didn't have enough to sell me very many. One of the tellers did have some clear rolls, and she let me look at them first. I know there is a silver rim in one, and another roll it looks like a silver canadian. It looks more dull than normal canadians, I haven't opened the rolls yet. I did get a bunch of customer wrapped rolls of dimes too.
It was soooo hard to find halves today, but I managed to get a box at one bank, they said a guy orders them but he didn't pick all of them up. And I got a few more customer rolls too. Weird thing is, one teller had 4 rolls of 2005 P and D NIFC's. I bought those too, never seen rolls like this before. Not sure if they are even worth keeping, but I thought it was neat.
A few more banks had loose halves, and I bought all I could. I got 2 more 40%, and a 64 as well. Not bad, I'll take it any day. I haven't had time to open any rolls yet, but I will soon. Hoping it's a good box, at least I know there's a little silver in those dimes.
The streak continues for now, I honestly never thought it would last this long. Just gotta keep driving till ya find it.
 
Upvote 0
if those rolls of 2005's are blue with a picture of a half on it those came from the mint. i would keep them if they are mint rolls and not open them
 
They are the blue rolls, they say 2005P and 2005D Kennedy halves on the side. They look brand new, I have not opened them. I figured I would keep one of each roll, maybe try selling the other 2 rolls on e-bay, or craigs list. Or trade them for some coins. Do you think they are worth any significant value?? I'm sure they are all High grade MS coins. I will post some pics of them when I get a chance.
 
Way to go Tim, What is the streak number at now? Remember... you have to beat my 23 days of CRHing
rileyboy
 
timbobwey said:
They are the blue rolls, they say 2005P and 2005D Kennedy halves on the side. They look brand new, I have not opened them. I figured I would keep one of each roll, maybe try selling the other 2 rolls on e-bay, or craigs list. Or trade them for some coins. Do you think they are worth any significant value?? I'm sure they are all High grade MS coins. I will post some pics of them when I get a chance.

If the rolls are from the US mint, they should fetch $35 to $40 on eBay.

Joad
 
I got a mint roll of 2005 and 2010 this year. The 2010 was unopened and brought $50, the 2005 roll was destroyed and the coins couldnt stay in the wrapper without tape. Still brought $27 even with my auction saying the mint wrapper was destroyed.
 
Riley,
The streak is now at 15 hunts in a row. I've still got a ways to go to catch you, but I never thought it would even go this far.

I am happy with the NIFC rolls, I didn't know they would go for that much, not bad at all. I will sell 2 rolls, and keep the other 2, maybe worth more down the road. I'll let you guys know how much they sell for.
I will post the rest of my finds from the rolls soon, still haven't had time to search them.
Happy hunting all
 
Well I finished the box friday night, and the rest of the rolls. I haven't had time to post though. The box was a skunk, and the only dime I got was the one I saw in the clear roll, but it turned out to be a 46D Merc!! Nothin wrong with that, and I got one more 40% in a customer roll. That one put me at 200 40% on the year so far. I am going to post some pics tonight, I want to show you guys the NIFC mint rolls.
 
timbobwey said:
Well I finished the box friday night, and the rest of the rolls. I haven't had time to post though. The box was a skunk, and the only dime I got was the one I saw in the clear roll, but it turned out to be a 46D Merc!! Nothin wrong with that, and I got one more 40% in a customer roll. That one put me at 200 40% on the year so far. I am going to post some pics tonight, I want to show you guys the NIFC mint rolls.
Did you mean 1945-d? There's no such thing as a 46
 
I'm sorry, I actually meant a 44D. Thanks for the correction, I know they didn't make mercs in 46
 
The canadian turned out to just be a regular old canadian, not silver. Sometimes if the rim is dull the canadian dimes appear to be silver.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom