What's new

A little snow, but a little luck

Alchemist

Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 8, 2014
Messages
364
Reaction score
642
Golden Thread
0
Location
Badger State
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Platinum Pro w/11" coil, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202, Garret ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
With about 1/2" snow on the ground and temps in the 20's, I panned around town to find some areas where the sun had burned the snow away. At least the soil was still unfrozen. After one or 2 other stops w/o luck, I was driving past one such patch of grass at an Armory I've prospected before and thought, hey. Got out, got on my gear, and five minutes later pull my silver for the day. '52-S Rosie. Lucked out. #43 for the year. I like that count, but I know the end of the hunting season is real near. Whatever we northerners can get before winter befalls us is a plus, so congrats to the other posts! Happy hunting :thumbsup:

DSC07131.webp
 
Upvote 20
coin_collection.gif
Nice find. No snow here yet but it is 31 degree's right now!
 
Alchemist, I do feel sorry for all our detecting friends in the snow states who have to put up their detectors until spring. Our winters here west of the Cascade Mountains are cold, wet and muddy, but usually well above freezing.
Glad you were able to get out and pull a silver!
 
WTG on finding a spot a and getting silver to! Like the background for the coin shot! Nice!
 
Nice silver. Time is winding down for a lot of us. Temps went to 5 above the other night with 2 inches of snow. Ugh !
 
That's what I call dedication :thumbsup:
 
Snow, Ice? isn't that what picks were made for. Dig year round, no big deal, once past the crust it gets easier.....:tongue3: Wonderful silver, Congrats!
 
Snow, Ice? isn't that what picks were made for.

Makes for a messy plug, No?

I'm gonna try for at least every Sunday before the snow gets too deep to swing! I'm just starting to learn my machine.
 
Congrats on the silver. My last time out came up a big zero for the hour I spent in the woods....
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom