A Little Snow, Sleet and Rain.....Went Water Detecting

mcmurphi

Feb 5, 2007
Tacoma, WA
Detector(s) used
White's DFX • Fisher CZ-21
Today was a nasty cold day. But the dry suit helps out a lot. The lake I was at today had terrible visibility so I just waded around. I had a lot of fun and many cars stopped to stare at the guy up to his waist in cold water while it was snowing. I'm starting to get into some old stuff now with less trash, we shall see if those old coins are there like I think.

mcmurphi

Attachments

• Lake March 28 09.jpg
    Lake March 28 09.jpg
    197.4 KB · Views: 442
Upvote 0

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
Nice 1928 wheatie! Man its too cold for me to be water detecting. I have a water detector, but no wetsuit. Glad you got out! :thumbsup:

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Grey Ghost Headphones, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Still a little chilly yet for me. Even with my wetsuit. I got my eye on a water spot though. It kicked out some wheats and a buffalo last year. Hopefully theres more there.
:icon_pirat:
JuJu

OP
OP
mcmurphi

mcmurphi

Feb 5, 2007
Tacoma, WA
Detector(s) used
White's DFX • Fisher CZ-21
JuJu,
It's great you do both. Sometimes I just run out of good hunting ground and that's why I turned to the water. Although I'm working on a couple of really nice dirt sites now. One down in SW Washington and another out in Puyallup area. We shall see how those pan out. Tacoma is a strange place to hunt with all the fill everywhere but there is plenty of good ground with some research and just asking folks to hunt.

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Grey Ghost Headphones, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
mcmurphi said:
JuJu,
It's great you do both. Sometimes I just run out of good hunting ground and that's why I turned to the water. Although I'm working on a couple of really nice dirt sites now. One down in SW Washington and another out in Puyallup area. We shall see how those pan out. Tacoma is a strange place to hunt with all the fill everywhere but there is plenty of good ground with some research and just asking folks to hunt.
90% of the time when I am water hunting its for the jewelry, but when the old coins pop up its a bonus. Most lake bottoms around here are tough clay or large gravel. The spot I have my eye on should also kick out a few old bottles. I agree on the fill in the tacoma area. But the good stuff is there, and I manage to find my share. Luck on your new spots.
:icon_pirat:
JuJu

deepsix47

Jul 26, 2006
Detector(s) used
Fisher Impulse, Fisher CZ-21, Minelab X-Terra 70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool (no pun intended). I hope you're checking out all of those old tokens. I had always just tossed them into a coffee can. Then one day I was talking to an old timer I had run into a few times hunting ghost towns in Colorado and mentioned them to him. It seems that a lot of them are more valuable then many coins. They've financed more then a few treasure hunts.

Deepsix

FloridaBill

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Compass & Beachunter 300, Garrett Seahunter Excalibur ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job and yes rule of thumb further out less trash Good luck on the next hunt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions