A little surf fishing today

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit the incoming tide this afternoon while the old lady was out shopping. Water was a little rough, but fishable. This was the maiden voyage on the sand for the new to me Toyota taco that I got last month. It did just fine as long as I ran it in 4 lo to disable the traction control. My old ford ranger didn't have any of that newfangled crap! Anyways, caught a bunch of small bluefish and one small pompano. Heading back out there tomorrow, hopefully the surf will lay down some this evening. Here's a few pics. surf fishing 004.jpg surf fishing 001.jpg surf fishing 002.jpg surf fishing 003.jpg

OP
OP
flatbutton

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
surf fishing.jpg Water was a bit calmer today, but no fish!

Last edited:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice catch, and truck!

OP
OP
flatbutton

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What kind of fish are normally around in the fall?
This time of the year in my neck of the woods, It's Red drum, Flounder, Speckled trout, Gray trout, and the list goes on. Right now, this is the best fishing of the whole season. After Thanksgiving, I'll stop fishing and start detecting. I'll hunt the beach on Saturdays and the woods on Sundays.

OP
OP
flatbutton

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
flatbutton

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice pics.
What have you found detecting NC beaches?
Good luck
Peace
Mostly lost fishing gear,clad coins,cheap jewelry and once and awhile something decent.I found a nice 10k masonic ring last winter

bobinsd

Oct 20, 2005
San Diego California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I once got a signal on my BH at La Jolla shores in wet sand. Turned out to be a pocket of bloodworms. Lots of iron in the blood, I guess. The surf fish lov'em.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread