A milestone reached.

sharpshooter

May 3, 2007
Central Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I normally only post my finds on the Oklahoma Forum section of Treasurenet, but wanted to post this here also.

A friend that I met on this forum (lokkenpa) and I have started hunting a new area. This new place has given up some nice finds.
I hunted it for about 5 hours total Thursday and Friday.

I reached a milestone Friday; my 50th silver coin find for 2009.

I set a goal for myself at the start of the year to try and find 50 silvers. I reached it much earlier than I'd imagined. Funny how the silver finds came in spurts with dry spells in between.

I found one ring that was a bit unusual. It has the word "TUNIS" on one side and "1943" on the other. My guess is that some G.I. brought it back as a memento of time spent in Northern Africa at the capitol city of Tunisia during WW II. It sure made a long trip to central Oklahoma where it has been sleeping until I unearthed it yesterday.

Notable finds for Thursday and Friday of this week are pictured below.
Of course I had to scratch the oldest wheatie. :BangHead:

scan0004.jpg

scan0001-1.jpg
SmallSilverRing.jpg

TunisRing1.jpg
scan0005.jpg
scan0006.jpg

Upvote 0
WTG on all of that silver. I especially love that ring, very unique

Congrats on the 50th wilver fellow Okie... You still have time to get 50 more before the year ends...

HH Robert

wtg on all the silver :icon_thumleft: sweet token

wow thats some cool stuff there. wanna sell the union pacific? my brothers a train nut and i would give it to him if the price is right. nice digs!! congrats. willy.

Congrats on hitting your milestone! Nice coins, nice rings. :thumbsup:

Good luck,
HH.

Very nice silver! Sweet Union Pacific token and ring. :icon_thumleft:

Keep digging!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back