What's new

A million dollar question

Yeah,I just woke up.I slept most of yesterday all day till around 9pm i think.The day before i was putting a new freeze plug in the block of my diesel engine in my truck and on the last turn of a nut the wrench slipped off an one of my fingers got sliced down to the bone at the knuckle by a razor sharp edge of metal.I think it was part of my exhaust pipe.The finger got swelled up pretty good so i took some ibuprofen and went to sleep.The swellings gone now an i can bend it all the way.Still alittle sore though and i have to put my starter back in carefully without doing any more damage to the finger.I guess i better get out there and finish it up.Im tired of being without wheels.
 
FISHEYE said:
Yeah,I just woke up.I slept most of yesterday all day till around 9pm i think.The day before i was putting a new freeze plug in the block of my diesel engine in my truck and on the last turn of a nut the wrench slipped off an one of my fingers got sliced down to the bone at the knuckle by a razor sharp edge of metal.I think it was part of my exhaust pipe.The finger got swelled up pretty good so i took some ibuprofen and went to sleep.The swellings gone now an i can bend it all the way.Still alittle sore though and i have to put my starter back in carefully without doing any more damage to the finger.I guess i better get out there and finish it up.Im tired of being without wheels.
fisheye man you are a trooper id be in bed for a week if you need help with the starter let me know I'm right down the road maybe we can shoot the shit while I'm there backlash
 
Fisheye,

On the left side of your map, it has the name of the river. What is the name?
 
Halifax river also known as the inter coastal waterway.
 
Backlash,

Look at this sat photo of the inlet area.You see where it says rockhouse creek?To the right of it is a big patch of white sand.Thats what they are guarding.That island was a natural island and they destroyed it with the spoil that they put there by mowing down all the trees and brush that could have been a home to animals and birds.Plus left trash like steel pipes and railroad car axles in the water among other smaller steel pipes and other junk.It really amazes me that the state and the DEP let these state contracted dredgers trash up wherever they work.

Thanx for the offer to help with the starter.I have a friend coming over in the morning to help me lift it up where its supposed to go.All 50lbs of it.
 

Attachments

  • ponceinlet2.webp
    ponceinlet2.webp
    109 KB · Views: 413
Hey Fisheye, Isn't that the same place where the cannons (cough~~ cough~~ dredge pipes) where.... that was a great story :wink:
 
yeah,to the south of that island there about 5 dredge pipes in 15 feet of clear water that looked like cannons to a canoer that took us there.Just more trash that the dredgers left making someone think they were cannons.It was a fun adventure.Got stuck on the island in the middle of a bad bad t-storm.We did find something interesting in the water.Was a artillery shell type of projectile.
 
the cape area due to it jutting outward into the sea was used as a navational aid by the coastal shallow water sailing "dead reckoning" spanish treasure fleet sailors of old -- 0f course there are nasty coral reefs in the area that must be avoided , many vessels over the years hit those reefs due to foul weather or carelessness.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom