What's new

A mysterious tale about Cornish sunken treasure and what's actually beneath it?

elthesalmon

Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2026
Messages
25
Reaction score
37
Golden Thread
0
That I learnt this recently about Cudden Point sunken treasure story though it sounds more likely a folklore. I'm curious what actually it's refered perhaps.
Anyone on TN heard about it? Here's materials I copied from websites. It's called a Silver Table, a shipwreck or anything else.

“Many many years ago there lived in those parts a very wealthy man. He was also a very wicked one. Indeed it was said that he was none other than the Lord of Pengerswick . . . It is rather difficult to say for certain for the wicked old man being an Enchanter could go about in all kinds of disguises. So that only those that had the gift of second sight could discover him.”
“Off Cudden Point there lies buried in the sea treasure. Enough to make anyone who finds it one of the wealthiest person in the whole County”
 
There are many wrecks in that area and all appear not worth the time and effort to salvage. Then there's the report of 'your' wreck with no substantiation.

I'd pass.
Don in SoCal
 
There are many wrecks in that area and all appear not worth the time and effort to salvage. Then there's the report of 'your' wreck with no substantiation.

I'd pass.
Don in SoCal

Hi Mackaydon,
Yeah I agree with you there're wrecks. yet I don't find any recorded treasures recovered related to that sea tale. But those articles described its origin in c19th or much earlier, no further-substantial materials.
 
There are many wrecks in that area and all appear not worth the time and effort to salvage. Then there's the report of 'your' wreck with no substantiation.

I'd pass.
Don in SoCal

There are a few Book´s about that Coast :-))
Greetings

1771082110641.webp
 
I'm planning on going detecting along the Jurassic and Cornish coast this summer. Looking to find treasure and maybe fossils too.

Amazon doesn't state if those books are available on the kindle?
 
Amazon doesn't state if those books are available on the kindle?
If Amazon doesn't show them on the Kindle, then they aren't available on the Kindle. (At least not unless you already have them as e-books and can add them yourself.)
 
Cudden Point lays in Mount’s Bay in Cornwall, the bay was the site of several shipwrecks between the 16th and 18th centuries, largely due to its position along a major maritime route between the Atlantic Ocean and the English Channel. During periods of conflict such as the Anglo-Spanish War and later the War of the Spanish Succession, ships from nations including England, Spain, France, and the Dutch Republic frequently passed through or patrolled these waters. There are many treasure legends, associated with this area of England, even the Merchant Royall.

https://cornishbirdblog.com/mysterious-sunken-treasure-at-cudden-point-cornwall/
 
Cudden Point lays in Mount’s Bay in Cornwall, the bay was the site of several shipwrecks between the 16th and 18th centuries, largely due to its position along a major maritime route between the Atlantic Ocean and the English Channel. During periods of conflict such as the Anglo-Spanish War and later the War of the Spanish Succession, ships from nations including England, Spain, France, and the Dutch Republic frequently passed through or patrolled these waters. There are many treasure legends, associated with this area of England, even the Merchant Royall.

https://cornishbirdblog.com/mysterious-sunken-treasure-at-cudden-point-cornwall/
Thank you I will ensure I visit there.
 
I'm planning on going detecting along the Jurassic and Cornish coast this summer. Looking to find treasure and maybe fossils too.

Amazon doesn't state if those books are available on the kindle?
That volume 1 was published in late 1960s, 1st edition of Vol1 in 1969 and, in 1970s the other 2vols. I just found incomplete set on Amazon. btw I didn’t see a scanned file on Zlibrary(a site for downloading ebooks freely).
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom