What's new

A new and interesting find !

marx1609

Tenderfoot
Joined
Sep 3, 2016
Messages
3
Reaction score
11
Golden Thread
0
Location
Treasure Island
Detector(s) used
Garrett 300i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello fellow partners ! Today i went into the woods in an area close to my house ! Wanted to try out my new Garrett 300i ! I have found a strange SEAL, but i don't know what kind is it ! Can you help me with an ID? Thank you !
 

Attachments

  • IMG-20160903-WA0000.webp
    IMG-20160903-WA0000.webp
    51.9 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG-20160903-WA0001.webp
    IMG-20160903-WA0001.webp
    80 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG-20160903-WA0002.webp
    IMG-20160903-WA0002.webp
    58.5 KB · Views: 121
Upvote 22
Welcome to the forum. Sorry no help with ID, but congrats on a nice find
 
Congrats and welcome to TNet! I'm afraid I'm not too good at inverting the seal symbols. Could you ink it and use it on paper then photograph the results?
 
AWESOME wax seal..!! Those are very cool finds! Congrats...ddf
 
Oh...and welcome to Tnet! I apologize, you had me all excited with that sweet relic, that is an item on MANY bucket lists...if you can, melt some wax and make an impression with it and post it! Ddf
 
I am so glad to find so nice coleagues ! Thank you for the warm wellcome ! I will melt some wax and use the seal !
 
I think they call this type a Desk Seal.(Sat on the Gentlemen's Desk)
18th C I would say.
 
That thing is sweet! Welcome to tnet and may the good posts keep coming
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom