What's new

A nice assortment of pre-civil war bullets.

Dan(NM)

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2014
Messages
1,790
Reaction score
3,850
Golden Thread
1
Location
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Manticore
Equinox 800
Modified Etrac
Explorer 2
Raptor c-31 digger
31" Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit a new area at the 1850's fort sight today and managed to find a pouch full of lead. Normally the bullets we find are dropped, today, almost all looked fired. I was about 2000 feet or so from where the fort originally stood, from what I've read about this place, no skirmishes took place near the fort. My buddy and I think it may have been the firing range, but, we have no idea. I was surprised to dig some Confederate bullets mixed in with the other lead, not sure what's going on there, but, I'll take it. After almost 6 hours of digging nothing but lead and aluminum, I quit digging the 10-11 numbers because most turned out to be the small lead balls. I did managed several pewter trouser buttons from a different spot right before I called it a day.

I was running the Nox 800 with these settings:

Park 1

Recovery speed 4

Sens 24

Iron bias 0

2 tones

Tone break set at -9 to +9

Manual GB
 

Attachments

  • bullet1.webp
    bullet1.webp
    193.4 KB · Views: 115
  • bullet2.webp
    bullet2.webp
    165.2 KB · Views: 108
Upvote 0
A very nice haul of old 1800's era lead.
 
That is a lotta lead. Great save of the bullets.
 
Holy moly I just want to find one lol great score and relics. Well done my friend. Tommy
 
That is a sweet hual...I especially like that multi-ring sharps.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom