What's new

A nice box ONickels! so far.

Tattooguy67

Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2009
Messages
333
Reaction score
18
Golden Thread
0
Location
Kalamazoo MI
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT & Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
A nice box O'Nickels! so far.

First before the show and tell I have a ? for the nickel heads out there, how is it that in the last box and so far in this box I have found almost 4 rolls of 2010 P's but so far in all the boxes I have gone through I have found but one 2009 P, and that was out of the last box before this one!? that just seems odd to me. OK so here is the good part of the post, the other day I was on here grumping about not having found a V nickel yet, and also mentioned it to one of my Friends Friday night, well sure enough today I got one! and it was an end roll find to boot! sucks that I did not notice til I tore the plastic, it would have been nice to have a pic of that one. Also as some bonus eye candy I am posting some pics of a Proof I found a while ago, thanks for reading and looking, enjoy, and any info on the date thing would be good.
101_0760.jpg

101_0763.jpg

101_0774.jpg

101_0777.jpg


Chuck.
 
Upvote 0
Re: A nice box O'Nickels! so far.

2009 nickels are in short supply. I have never found a V nickel, either CRHing or detecting. Let's see now I have to tell that to a friend tomorrow. I'll try to work it into a conversation at work. Then I will come home and finish the box on my desk.

Nice finds, I like finding proofs, they are hard to find.
 
Re: A nice box O'Nickels! so far.

I wouldn't say that 2009 nickels are in short supply since 86.64 M of them were minted. They just have yet to make it into the wild. Once the channels run out and start ordering that denomination, they will be found in quantity. If you are curious, so far the 2010 mintage stands at 112.32 M, so there are more being minted this year, but 2009 is not a rarity. If you want to keep tabs on the overall mintages check out the figures straight from the horses mouth:

http://www.usmint.gov/about_the_mint/coin_production/index.cfm?action=production_figures

Also, some opinions expressed online in forums are made without checking facts. I know in the past that alot of folks were claiming 2009 to be the year of low mintages and that these coins would be worth a fortune. Looking at the real figures I would say that is not correct and anyone who cashed in on the fear was a wise investor. If however you happened to be on the buying end, good luck and you will probably be waiting a long time for any common 2009 coins to worth much more than face value. As always, YMMV and HH all.
 
Re: A nice box O'Nickels! so far.

Nice hit on the proof and v nickel.Started doing nickels when I could not get halves.Seen very few newer nickels.Have found 3 proofs in the last month,2 from cutomer rolls 1 from box.Nickels always produce.Been averaging 1 buffalo/box,mostly no date lately.HH
 
Re: A nice box O'Nickels! so far.

Good finds. I have seen a ton of 2010-P nickels as well, that have already made it through the system once and are now included in typical circulated boxes. They must have been issued pretty early into 2010. I have seen at the most 5 2009-P nickels, and 1 2009-D nickel. I kept one of each for my folder. My guess is that the ones that were released were released elsewhere in the U.S. and have not made the regular rounds up here yet.
 
Re: A nice box O'Nickels! so far.

Nice find!! :icon_thumright:

Joe
 
Re: A nice box O'Nickels! so far.

Chuck

I live in Grand Rapids and am having the same issues as you i have 1 2009-P nickel 0 2009-D nickels and i have returned over 5,000 nickels of the 2010Ps i didnt know that there was a Tnet member so close to me hope your not stealin all my silver ;D

HH
~Holmes~
 
Re: A nice box O'Nickels! so far.

Good find and nice pics !
HH
Rich
 
Re: A nice box O'Nickels! so far.

nice score! still waiting on my first v nick! keep it up and hh!
 
Re: A nice box O'Nickels! so far.

nice find, nickels can be tough
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom