Aug 27, 2014
NOVA
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro-10D2 & 6x10dd
White's 6000 Pro XL
Fisher 1266x
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lead from another former student of mine was a good one! 1st time out was good and can't wait to spend some more time there...but it's wrestling season and time is a commodity right now :hello: So the house is his parents and when I met them today, they said people have been coming out and detecting since the 70's, but nobody in the last 10-12 years. And they told me a lot of stuff has been found over the years. The property dates back to 1700s and was used as a hospital during the Civil War. The "hunted out" spots sometimes produce some good stuff for me. So I was up for the challenge. I spent about 2 1/2 hours today kinda just putting my feelers out and figuring out the property. Got 8 flat buttons, a Navy button (which without button book, was having a hard time dating this one, lines, rope boarder, fouled anchor), a couple of bullets, 4 wheats and a Merc.
So I think it went pretty well. BTW, any idea what the last pic might be? Thanks for looking and HH.

Nov2.jpg Nov3.jpg
Nov4.jpg Nov5.jpg

Upvote 6

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
NICE DAY FINDS .....

OP
OP
T

TokenMan

Aug 27, 2014
NOVA
Detector(s) used
White's 6000 Pro XL
Fisher 1266x
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys! That's the most flat buttons I have ever found at one time...I'm only 5'1", the knee time is fine, closer to the ground :dontknow:
Any ideas on the possible Navy button? Thanks again!

OutdoorAdv

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2013
East Coast - USA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That site looks very promising... I'm all about "hunted out" spots, the best stuff is left behind. I personally pound my own sites, over and over, and just when I think there can't possibly be anything left, a return trip produces some of the best stuff. This happens to me time after time. Hope to see some other good finds come out of that place.

The last item looks like a Reed to me. Possibly an organ reed...
attachment.php

Isaac

Oct 11, 2013
Fairfax, Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT All Pro, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds, especially for a "hunted out" spot! It's great to see another No. Va digger on T-Net. :) Keep us updated on this property, with all those buttons, an old coin has to be laying with them!

OP
OP
T

TokenMan

Aug 27, 2014
NOVA
Detector(s) used
White's 6000 Pro XL
Fisher 1266x
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That site looks very promising... I'm all about "hunted out" spots, the best stuff is left behind. I personally pound my own sites, over and over, and just when I think there can't possibly be anything left, a return trip produces some of the best stuff. This happens to me time after time. Hope to see some other good finds come out of that place.

The last item looks like a Reed to me. Possibly an organ reed...
attachment.php

Thanks! I do believe you are right. Ist one of those I found.

OP
OP
T

TokenMan

Aug 27, 2014
NOVA
Detector(s) used
White's 6000 Pro XL
Fisher 1266x
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, especially for a "hunted out" spot! It's great to see another No. Va digger on T-Net. :) Keep us updated on this property, with all those buttons, an old coin has to be laying with them!

Yeah, NOVA has a little bit of everything! Hoping to squeeze a coin out of there too! Thanks again.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread