a pisces, a toke, a boot, and a cinco

Viddy

Aug 16, 2011
Harrisburg, PA
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, F2, Etrac, T2, V3i, AT Pro, CTX3030, Equinox 800, Vanquish 540, Go-Find 66, F5, Q60, Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
DATE: April 7, 2013
TIME: 10 hundred hours
SITE DETAILS: small part of park with stairs to nowhere
TEAM: Viddy, Tylerope, DiggerBee, Curt
ARMAMENT: 2 Garrett AT Pros, Teknetics Delta, White's V3i
MISSION: old silver coins, city of Pittsburgh relics, clad, lost jewelery

MISSION DETAILS:

We arrived on the outskirts of the park at a flat area that used to have a house on it. Tylerope and Curt were already there and hitting the grassy area. The stairs are still there, stone slab stairs. DiggerBee grabbed her AT Pro and headed out.

I grabbed the bag with my trusty Etrac, which I knew inside and out...every sound, chirp, and VDI... from countless hours... literally! close to 1000+ hours on it... and started extending the shaft. I just got my new V3i less than a month ago, had it out a few times so far, and also had it in it's bag in the back of the SUV.

Over-geared is me, always have, always will. I have a big fishing gear bag loaded with my gear + extra headphones, pinpointer, diggers, batteries from AAA, AA, to 9V, pouches, etc, etc, etc,... It's for if anything fails of my gear, or if anyone I am with forgets anything or their gear fails, we have back up... or as they say 'redundant systems'. I like to see the friends I hunt with actually have just as much fun I am having, and preferably more than me and I like to do what I can to help. That's just me though.

The V3i bag was visible as I was getting my Etrac out and thought 'eh, why not try it?'. I actually messed around with it more indoors than outdoors, time-wise. I read the V3i manual, pretty much memorized it, wrote a few programs, and dug into the programming of the V3i pretty good. I am a tech-head and love stuff like that. I put the Etrac back and got the V3i out. Fired the V3i up, hit the wireless headphones button, heard it sync up, and I was ready to go.

White's made the V3i with some good stock programs. Coin, Coin & Jewelery, Common, Pro, etc. Good can always be better.I had tried them all and found a combo of the features I liked best, and what I was used to, on my Etrac, and made a custom program called 'Viddys Park'. It is a coin-jewelery-type, 3 frequency, super fast recovery speed, 4 tone (extreme high/low difference), large VDI+depth, single/strong freq pinpointing, spectra-analysis toggle, and some other buffs that put in it similar to my Etrac park prgram that I am used too.

I hit the ground and joined my team. We had a good time together. No one was around but us, mostly. We all seemed to have one headphone off their ear or tuned one side 'off'. We rushed in when someone yelled 'I got something good!'... or... 'I got silver!'... or... 'you gotta check this out!'... Curt hit the first silver.... war nickel.. and it went from there... Funny part was when I hit a token, and after rubbing the dirt off yelled 'I have a sex token!' Yeah... some sexually pictured astronomical token.

We all had a good time, and that is what counts. We had a fun group and I hope everyone had as much or more fun than I had. I ended up with some clad and a few really cool and unusual finds as you can see in the pics...
-silver cowboy boot stamped MEX925 silver
-Pittsburgh Railways Co token
-1961 Mexcian cinco coin
-Pisces token. (Pisces fish on one side, 2 people having sex on the other-(not pictured!)
good times! good times! can't wait til I am off Thursday and head out again!

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

Victor India Delta Delta Yankee OUT!

Attachments

• 2013-04-07 boot, token, pisces, cinco.jpg
    2013-04-07 boot, token, pisces, cinco.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 108
  • 2013-04-07 park totals with mex925.jpg
    2013-04-07 park totals with mex925.jpg
    211.4 KB · Views: 114
Upvote 0

John_Deere

Mar 7, 2013
Fredericksburg
Detector(s) used
Personal: Bounty Hunter Gold Digger
Family: White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the boot! Looks like it cleaned up nicely. Nice finds overall, congrats and HH!

Oh, and congrats on a successful mission. ;)

John Boy

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2012
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 LTD CAMOUFLAGE,CZ3D 1021,1220X AND GARRETT PRO POINTER.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great coin finds.That boot is a sweet find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread