mile-ender
Sr. Member
- Joined
- Jun 29, 2009
- Messages
- 472
- Reaction score
- 26
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Lower Canada
- Detector(s) used
- BountyHunter fast tracker
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
- #1
Thread Owner
I need to sell off a few things, and was thinking of getting rid of a couple of my more interesting bottles and was wondering if anybody could give me a guesstimate on what they're worth? Try as I might, I'm finding it hard to figure the value on a lot these things, and I don't wanna screw myself over. The two I was wondering about, are embossed sauce bottles I can't find anything on, I assume that means they're rare; as far as I understand, that should increase the value, no? Anyway, I'm putting them up on ebay, but I wanna stick a reserve on 'em; what do you think?
The two of 'em are BIM with applied lip and from the pits they came from I'm dating them at 1880-1890. You can't see it in the pics but the texture on the Heslop is great (whittled? I believe).
The two of 'em are BIM with applied lip and from the pits they came from I'm dating them at 1880-1890. You can't see it in the pics but the texture on the Heslop is great (whittled? I believe).
Attachments
-
IMG_2261.webp32.4 KB · Views: 520 -
IMG_2267.webp26.1 KB · Views: 729 -
IMG_2263.webp18.8 KB · Views: 518 -
IMG_2268.webp19.7 KB · Views: 612 -
IMG_2264.webp27.5 KB · Views: 624 -
IMG_2269.webp24.2 KB · Views: 647 -
IMG_2271.webp28.3 KB · Views: 669 -
IMG_2265.webp31 KB · Views: 677 -
IMG_2266.webp30.8 KB · Views: 732
you could be right. Value is always subjective though, no? I've sold bottles I figured were worth five bucks for five times that. I've sold busted bottles for the same. Then they are bottles I think are great, that people wouldn't give me fifty cents for 










