What's new

A Say's Phoebe

tamrock

Platinum Member
Joined
Jan 16, 2013
Messages
16,407
Reaction score
34,874
Golden Thread
0
Location
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw this little bird on an old fence post walking the dogs yesterday afternoon in the field. I think I've identified correctly as being a Say's Phoebe. I guess it falls in the class of Flycatchers and Vireos.
 

Attachments

  • walk 092518 1.webp
    walk 092518 1.webp
    595.1 KB · Views: 110
Nice photo Tamrock.

Yes it's a Say's Phoebe and is in the flycatchers family. The Say's Phoebe and Black Phoebe are birds of the western U.S., while the Eastern Phoebe is of the east. In Texas all three can be found.
 
Nice photo Tamrock.

Yes it's a Say's Phoebe and is in the flycatchers family. The Say's Phoebe and Black Phoebe are birds of the western U.S., while the Eastern Phoebe is of the east. In Texas all three can be found.
Thanks cactusrat. You definitely have a variety of birds down in southern Texas.
 
It's a cute little thing.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom