What's new

Pheasant

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2018
Messages
9,186
Reaction score
33,089
Golden Thread
0
Location
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This rooster was walking in the pasture across the road yesterday. He has an extra long tail. I think that means he’s an old bird but I’m not positive about that. Pheasants and turkeys are just starting to get active and I’ve been hearing both calling. My neighbor is hot after the turkeys already. Opening day was yesterday the 14th.
IMG_9479.webp
 
Was that a rare opportunity?
Seeing a pheasant? They were actually kind of rare for the first 20 yrs I lived here. The last ten yrs we’ve been seeing more of them. I have 6 acres, 2 in tall grass prairie. Unfortunately for me there is a farm with 100 acres of prairie a mile north and that’s where all the birds hang out.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom