Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2020
Southern States of America
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello everyone! November is on our doorstep so great metal detecting weather is close for us here in Florida.
I was at a spot about a mile away from my fort site. I’ve found a lot of stuff there over the last ten years and it’s LOADED with iron and the good stuff is usually deep. I think that this spot was used to house soldiers coming into Florida that are going to other Florida forts.
I’ve been trying to detect some of the denser sounding iron targets. The first 45 minutes I pulled up both iron pieces. Each one of them has been hammered on one of the ends. Not sure what they could be. Perhaps they were used as stakes to out line the buildings dimensions. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Just before leaving without a button I got a mixed faint signal and pulled out 2 nails and this 1820s Great Coat button. The shank is missing but it has a United States back mark.
Looks like I’m going to have to shut the detector down for about 3 weeks while tending to a project.
As always happy hunting and thanks for taking a peek.
F02E1E14-C734-4634-96B9-709619CAB073.png
14D076EB-10F4-4647-94C2-93A42C901B20.jpeg

Upvote 12

TomW244

Sep 2, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pinpointer, Bounty Hunter Gold Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone! November is on our doorstep so great metal detecting weather is close for us here in Florida.
I was at a spot about a mile away from my fort site. I’ve found a lot of stuff there over the last ten years and it’s LOADED with iron and the good stuff is usually deep. I think that this spot was used to house soldiers coming into Florida that are going to other Florida forts.
I’ve been trying to detect some of the denser sounding iron targets. The first 45 minutes I pulled up both iron pieces. Each one of them has been hammered on one of the ends. Not sure what they could be. Perhaps they were used as stakes to out line the buildings dimensions. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Just before leaving without a button I got a mixed faint signal and pulled out 2 nails and this 1820s Great Coat button. The shank is missing but it has a United States back mark.
Looks like I’m going to have to shut the detector down for about 3 weeks while tending to a project.
As always happy hunting and thanks for taking a peek. View attachment 2053247 View attachment 2053250
I can’t help you on the iron rods, but the button is fantastic! Great work, as always. 😊

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As always happy hunting and thanks for taking a peek. View attachment 2053247 View attachment 2053250
Nice Button!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread