What's new

A short walk to see if my knee was still angry with me

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2012
Messages
12,680
Reaction score
43,394
Golden Thread
1
Location
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wrapped it, lovingly, with an Ace bandage and made sure when I knelt, it was on the other one. ;)
Anyway, it seems to have buried the hatchet. Did ok.

The knee did, the finds didn't, not much. Interesting though and very nice weather!

2016 (148).webp
2016 (149).webp

I wouldn't usually put up a pull tab. But, when
one fools me into thinking it's a coin and causes
me to dig it up from 9 inches down! :BangHead:
It deserves some recognition.

2016 (150).webp

Evidently this was a vintage tin cup. It has Little Miss Muffet stamped
on one side and Little Tommy Tucker on the other side. :dontknow:

2016 (151).webp

Fishy seems pleased, jammin' with my very first
whole harmonica that I've found. ;)

2016 (152).webp

Blingie's smelling his new "rose".

And I had a very strange "OTWBTTC" experience.

I'd left the field and stopped for a root beer. When I came out
of the store, I was manipulating my change to my pocket when
I spotted this one in it:

2016 (153).webp

'56 wheatie! In better shape than any I would've dug. LOL

Thanks for peeking!
 
Upvote 32
I hope your knee feels better, that looks like a colonial pull tab, nice!
 
Sorry to hear about your knee. I have had two surgeries in 2 years on my left knee for what I call "metal detecting knee". Both times I had torn meniscus from squatting to dig. Now I'm always sure to drop down on one knee and not sit on my heels. They should have warnings about this stuff in the metal detector owners manuals.

I have a medial meniscus problem too, but it's not from metal detecting. It's from a lifetime of running marathons, playing tennis, bowling, standing up in a boat for all day fishing trips, baseball, 50 years of softball, bowling semi-pro, AND, almost a half century of water/land hunting. Let alone standing all day at work thru an entire career. LOLOLOL

If my knee complains at me nowadays, I just grimace and bear it. It's more of a wonder that I can still stand up! Let alone go for four hour walks with all the kneeling! LOL

I actually count myself pretty fortunate that I ONLY have a "bit" of a knee problem, sometimes. :)

Thanks!
 
Nice walk you had, with all parts cooperating ! That right there is gold!
You must have a charming personality if the wheats are coming to you!
Nice finds! Congrats!

Fishy is playing Blingie a song, "Blingie & the blue rose"

I wonder if the cup was one of those that used to come with kids metal,lunch box?
 
Nice walk you had, with all parts cooperating ! That right there is gold!
You must have a charming personality if the wheats are coming to you!
Nice finds! Congrats!

Fishy is playing Blingie a song, "Blingie & the blue rose"

I wonder if the cup was one of those that used to come with kids metal,lunch box?

Yeah, Fishy was jammin' pretty good! ;)

I've seen the cup referred to as a vintage nursery rhyme tin cup. So, I'm thinking it was probably sold separate.
Kinda neat!

Thanks!
 
That it is. It's always nice to find those vintage surprises, keeps it interesting.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom