What's new

A strange Wheat and 2 Indians

beetle662

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2003
Messages
1,384
Reaction score
310
Golden Thread
0
Location
Independence, KY
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+
Got permission (again) to a place that I had detected YEARS ago. Still in the same family, but they have moved out. Vacant 100 year old farm house on 83 acres. Oh yea!

So... First 2 digs are the Indian Heads. Man is the ground hard! Good thing they weren't too deep. A Memorial and clad dime later, I dig this odd Wheat. Didn't realize it was partially silver colored til I got home and rinsed off. I supposed someone dipped it or painted it.

Anyway, I'm more than happy with the finds today. These are the first IH's I've dug all year. Made my night! and yes, I'll be back soon! Plenty of ground to cover! Only stayed an hour as the bugs got too bad, and I forgot the bug spray. Duh..... :tongue3:
 

Attachments

  • 082309finds.webp
    082309finds.webp
    30.1 KB · Views: 447
Upvote 2
WTG on those IH's :icon_thumleft: I am still searching for my first :(
 
Congrats nice IH's there.
 
Nice finds.
Be careful with that wheat. People used to dip them in mercury, because it adheres to the coin (this was back when you could buy fun things like mercury from the pharmacy). So if you find a silvery looking penny chances are it was dipped in Hg; you don't want that absorbed into your system unless you like going crazy. I don't know since yours is only partially silvered, but I'd be careful anyway.
 
Great spot, def go back with a can of bug spray!!! As for the silver, it very well be mercury dipped. God I miss cracking old thermometers open and dumping it out in our hand and playing with it.... Maybe that's why I am the way that I am... :tongue3:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom