What's new

A tooth?

crj1968

Hero Member
Joined
Feb 16, 2014
Messages
816
Reaction score
696
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good day all,
My brother found this in Nevada. He thinks it may be a bone piece or a tooth?

Any ideas?
 

Attachments

  • Resized_Resized_20240425_142922.webp
    Resized_Resized_20240425_142922.webp
    173.7 KB · Views: 113
  • Resized_Resized_20240425_142939.webp
    Resized_Resized_20240425_142939.webp
    175.9 KB · Views: 88
Good day all,
My brother found this in Nevada. He thinks it may be a bone piece or a tooth?

Any ideas?
A couple more pics
 

Attachments

  • Resized_20240427_134155~2.webp
    Resized_20240427_134155~2.webp
    179.5 KB · Views: 81
  • Resized_20240427_134225~2.webp
    Resized_20240427_134225~2.webp
    182.4 KB · Views: 78
  • Resized_Resized_20240427_134247~2.webp
    Resized_Resized_20240427_134247~2.webp
    92.2 KB · Views: 77
  • 20240427_134306~2.webp
    20240427_134306~2.webp
    353.4 KB · Views: 87
has the look of a water worn tooth. but I think it's a natural formation from wind and blown sand erosion.
it looks to thin in the second set of images for a tooth of sorts.
just my view.
 
Thanks dognose. Certainly could be natural. He's lived out there for decades so it seemed out of place looking at least. I know he mentioned a native grindstone nearby.
 
Anyone else think it's a thing or just a weird rock?
 
There's a ruler next to it. :)
 
yeah I see what you mean. about 8" long and the base is around 3" and tapers off...like a tooth might. Probably belonged to Puff the Magic Dragon. ;)
 
Last edited:
yeah I see what you mean. about 8" long and the base is around 3" and tapers off...like a tooth might. Probably belonged to Puff the Magic Dragon. ;)
What makes you think its a tooth? I do not see any chewing surface nor anything that appears to be enamel.
 

Similar threads

  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Bone?
Replies
5
Views
407
Replies
15
Views
1K

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom