What's new

A two-center and shield

McCDig

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2015
Messages
3,753
Reaction score
9,039
Golden Thread
1
Location
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Left work at 12:45 and coil to the soil at 2PM at "the Park": 1st find was a '35 Buff and last find was a copper ring sans stone. In between were a 1916 merc, 3 IHPs: '78, '84 and '05, a 2-cent piece form 1867 and a shield nickel. A square nail and old pottery piece completed today's finds. cloeups.webpFinds.webp
 
Upvote 44
Thanks Casper-2. Love the graphic!
 
Congrats on the nice keepers. :occasion14: That park seems to be giving up the goods. You dug a nice assortment of old coins. That's the kind of hunt I really enjoy.
 
Nice digs! Congrats
 
Thanks, L-D, I'm headed back to the "hot-spot" this AM.
 
Nice hunt McCdig. You were all over the board with that one. That is one nice park.
 
Did You check for a D on that merc?[emoji57]
 
Man with a place to make Digs like those I'm positive we'll be seeing more of your great finds.
 
Heck of a Hunt McDig! Keep hammering for it looks like things might not freeze up to bad this year, lets hope!
 
MAN THATS NICE....
 
Thanks, Sutphin, It was a short hunt (2.5 h) but I just found a little hot-spot.
 
Very nice finds- no hidden D mintmark on that Merc huh?? Congrats!

-- Jeff --
 
Very nice finds! Wish I was there.. it's been awhile. that had to be fun.
 
Nice coins, still waiting on my first shield nickel
 
Here's to your 1st shield nickel. Both of mine came out very toasted with virtually unreadable dates.
 
Nice finds. Last year I had my best year ever for 2 cent pieces and shield nickels. Found 7 two cent pieces, 6 dated 1864 and an 1865. Found even more shield nickels, but didn't keep track as most were toasted dogs. Always nice pulling them out of the ground. They're always a surprise.
 
Thanks Chris, You're right....it was amazing. Productivity like that doesn't happen every time out... rare for me.
If ever you want to shoot up to B'more, let me know and you can hunt under my permit.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom