What's new

A whats it and a How old is it? (Breezie??)

celtex

Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2009
Messages
385
Reaction score
68
Golden Thread
0
Location
Texas Panhandle
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision, XLT; ACE 250;Bounty Hunter,Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A what's it and a How old is it? (Breezie??)

The cameo bracelet ??? rang in the nickle range. What is it made of (cameo) glass or some other mineral? Age guess? Can be from turn of century to 1930 based on where I found it.

The small disk seems to be pigiron but wasn't eaten up enough. I see some letters RCCO? and something around the edge as well, I don't know what it is,you guys?

Thanks for the help!
 

Attachments

  • 4_14_2012_finds1.webp
    4_14_2012_finds1.webp
    23.9 KB · Views: 137
  • 4_14_2012_finds_back.webp
    4_14_2012_finds_back.webp
    28.4 KB · Views: 126
You rang? LOL. Your cameo was carved in reverse. Most cameos are a raised 'positive', known as relief. Some cameos, like yours, is intaglio, which is a 'negative' image. The amber/cameo could be glass, plastic, shell, or a semi-precious stone. I can't tell by just looking at the pics. It's a really neat piece, which could have been a bracelet or brooch. I would say the time frame would be late Victorian. I would suggest taking it to a jewelry store that has a certified gemologist to see if it is semi-precious or not. Super find :thumbsup: Breezie
 
Upvote 0
Thanks Ms Breezie! Thanks for sharing your wealth of info with us! I'll do the jewelers check and letyou know.
Jim
 
Upvote 0
Thanks Ms Breezie! Thanks for sharing your wealth of info with us! I'll do the jewelers check and letyou know.
Jim

You're welcome Jim. :) I look forward to hearing what your jeweler says. Now, go find some more! LOL Breezie
 
Upvote 0
Sure is a cool find! Congratulations!
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom