What's new

A withdrawal from the bullet bank

relic nut

Silver Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2014
Messages
4,006
Reaction score
7,277
Golden Thread
1
Location
VA
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to our Union camp this morning. Most of the camp is in a hayfield and is to high to hunt so I worked the barn lot. Have made some good finds in this lot in the past but we have hunted this property hard for the last three years and it's beginning to show.
I hunted the lot hard for three hours with very little success so I decided to go to the " Bullet Bank". This is a hillside behind the camp that we are sure was used for target practice. You can get tired of digging bullets in this small area and I have found as many as four in one hole in the past. We save this spot for slow days or if you need a fix. Today was that day for me and I couldn't stand it anymore. Pictured below are 13 fired bullets I dug the last 30 minutes of my hunt. Came home with a smile on my face.
Since I found a 3 Merry Widow's tin I decided to post a dirty picture of my finds before I cleaned them. Hope everyone had a great weekend! Thanks for looking. uploadfromtaptalk1464540902687.webpuploadfromtaptalk1464540917624.webpuploadfromtaptalk1464540923928.webp

HH, Relic Nut
 
Upvote 24
Awesome...I love digging lead!
 
nice handful of bullets. The hay is still high here too, shouldn't be to much longer before they cut it. I hope. nice hunt.
 
Who doesn't want to dig a condom container? :dontknow: I checked that on off the list this season. :thumbsup: Looks like the bank was open today. Congrats on getting out and digging your passion (relics & bullets). :occasion14:
 
very nice finds
 
Nice job on all the bullets.
 
I went to our Union camp this morning. Most of the camp is in a hayfield and is to high to hunt so I worked the barn lot. Have made some good finds in this lot in the past but we have hunted this property hard for the last three years and it's beginning to show.
I hunted the lot hard for three hours with very little success so I decided to go to the " Bullet Bank". This is a hillside behind the camp that we are sure was used for target practice. You can get tired of digging bullets in this small area and I have found as many as four in one hole in the past. We save this spot for slow days or if you need a fix. Today was that day for me and I couldn't stand it anymore. Pictured below are 13 fired bullets I dug the last 30 minutes of my hunt. Came home with a smile on my face.
Since I found a 3 Merry Widow's tin I decided to post a dirty picture of my finds before I cleaned them. Hope everyone had a great weekend! Thanks for looking.View attachment 1318955View attachment 1318956View attachment 1318957

HH, Relic Nut

And an nice Withdraw it was. LOL

Hey Man I noticed the 'V' looking nails (they are Iron Correct?).

If so do you know what they went to , I was thinking a fence or something, I ask cause where I dug the Relics back in Feb , March , I dug at-least 12 or 13 of these type Nails & ill bet $ there is still a-lot at that site.
Just Wondering Again Great finds both on this post and others.
Davers
 
And an nice Withdraw it was. LOL

Hey Man I noticed the 'V' looking nails (they are Iron Correct?).

If so do you know what they went to , I was thinking a fence or something, I ask cause where I dug the Relics back in Feb , March , I dug at-least 12 or 13 of these type Nails & ill bet $ there is still a-lot at that site.
Just Wondering Again Great finds both on this post and others.
Davers
Thanks, yes they are fence staples. Used for barbedwire and woven wire fence.

HH, Relic Nut
 
Congrats on your finds. It's nice to have a faithful backup spot, and hey one of these times you'll dig a bullet signal that turns out to be something gold!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom