What's new

Aberdeen

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
⛭ Moderator
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2003
Messages
96,915
Reaction score
76,371
Golden Thread
2
🥇 Banner finds
1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
000aaa.webp
 
When reading all of these stories from the 1930s, I have to wonder how many more finds like these have gone unreported.
In my youth I used to install industrial chain-link fences, and dug many holes by hand & some with a mechanical auger mounted on a Jeep. Every now & then I would come across a coin or a ring,
and many old bottles would come up on the auger bits. Fence posts were spaced at a maximum of 10 feet apart but never more than that. (rule of thumb in the fence industry). I still to this day wonder what I missed where I didn't dig any holes. A pot of gold could have been inches away. I'm sure, from the great stories you post here, that what is found is just the tip of a very large iceberg, and there is still much more to be uncovered. But, unfortunately, much of it is covered over with tar & cement in the major cities & towns. You never know where a great treasure may lie. Could be right under our noses. :BangHead:
 
Yep ! By the Time the Metal Detectng Hobby Took off ,
Most of these Stories Completely Disappeard from memories .

even the ones where Governments Stepped in & Denied acccess
Have been Forgotten.

Even with What the Treasure Hunting Books
that came out Before Magazines there was Only So much a Writer Could Find & Record.

Take a lot of Resarch & the ability To Research records From Accross the World .
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom