About to get back into the hobby

Metal detectors and opinions are just like elbows and rear ends. LOL. I'm just saying.

Really--glad the F2 is working for you. I traded a guy a few towns away and gave him and F4 and he likes it. I didn't care too much for it. My opinion is to always try a detector if possible and stay with the reputable brands. What works for me, may not work for you.

BTW, Someone suggest that you get a White's TRX. I have been using the TRX for the past two hunts and prefer the Propointer, but I also realize that I need more time on the TRX. I had two Propointers act up on me and I wanted a change.

Last edited:
I really cant comment on the pro pointer yet used it for 2 hours but so far so good. And the F2 so far I really like but its the same thing I only have about 2 hours on it. Ill know more when I'm up my cabin memorial day weekend and start hunting historical properties I know of and have permission to hunt. I'm just glad I got the itch to get back into detecting

I have a Minelab and Garrett PP. I like the Garrett the best because its sleeker and slips into my finds pouch better and it's pause time after turning it on is quicker. The ML has about a 3 second delay before it's ready to point. (That's an eternity when there's juice in the hole) Haven't seen the whites yet so I can't comment on it.

I have a Minelab and Garrett PP. I like the Garrett the best because its sleeker and slips into my finds pouch better and it's pause time after turning it on is quicker. The ML has about a 3 second delay before it's ready to point. (That's an eternity when there's juice in the hole) Haven't seen the whites yet so I can't comment on it.

Lol juice in the hole

I need some gold in the pock, if I could ever score AWESOME nectar I may just do a cartwheel and a handstand!!!! I'm in a slump I tell ya! Arrrrrrr!

I planned on being out most of the day today because I'm off so naturally its been pouring and thunderstorms all day haha. Shows how my luck goes

As a satisfied Kellyco customer, I was, and am going to advise you of the great service I recently had there. Part of the kit included an Accu-Find pin-pointer...it is not the Mercedez Benz of pin-pointers, but gets the job done. The second dig out, it stopped working..well actually started working ALL the time. ZZZzzzzzz etc etc got irritating real quick. A call into Brad at Kellyco resulted in them sending me a brand new one, arrived in two days and I didn't have to send the original one back. NOW...on the other hand Jeepguy61...it appears Keith at Bedford Detectors has went out of his way to come to you, and that speaks volumes ! He is sporting not one but TWO banner finds..and he used to fly fighter jets!? Wow-how cool is that! Jeepguy...there are thousands of places to spend your hard-earned money, and above price..customer service is where it is at. Who cares if you got a smoking killer deal on a machine..and nobody will answer the phone to help you? Look around and check prices, models, accessories, etc... Bedford has taken some of the work out of it for you, so ring'em up! Keep us posted let us know what you find. Thanks...ddf

Whites TRX arrived and it took longer than it should have to figure it out... But once I got the hang of it wow... Like a dummy I kept shutting it off and restarting to detune, but I only needed to momentarily hit button...it picks up a target twice the distance of pro pointer...

My buddy has the trx he likes it hopefully when we get out together ill give it a shot and see how i like it. And by the way Its 2am and still raining so mad I couldn't get out today hopefully tomorrow ill get out for awhile but being that I'm off I wont it will keep raining.

I love my TRX on vibrate mode with headphones on. I used to have to take off headphones to hear my old PP.

I love my TRX on vibrate mode with headphones on. I used to have to take off headphones to hear my old PP.

What pinpointer did u have befor?
I usually keep my headphones on when using my garet propointer I can still hear it & feel vibrating but I do want to try out that trx lol

JeepGuy...lets see some pics please!

I'm working with just a tablet at the moment as soon as I can get some pics up I will for sure. I havnt been out as much as id like to be the last couple weeks been working a ton plus a lot of rain in the Pittsburgh area lately. Cant wait to find more stuff

Congrats! I purchased my F2 with the 8" and 4" sniper coil. Works great on coins and silver. Found on piece of gold, so I know it will find it if it is there and you know to dig nickels and pulltabs. VDI took getting used to but it gets better the more I use it. Time on the tool. HH

Im pretty new but I would get a machine around $200 and save $100 for a good pin pointer based on your $300 budget.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back