Absolutely stunned 4/14/16

ptsofnc

Apr 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't often post, but after yesterday I thought I would take the time to show some of this years finds. Pictured on the left of display are 9 artifacts found in creek. To the right are field finds. The serrated point (found yesterday, 4/14/16) might be my best ever. Brought me to my knees (with thanksgiving). It is 3.25", creek stained on one side, and perfect except for one lobe with a slight ding maybe (ancient damage). Think it might be a St Albans or Lecroy related. To those out there who think everything nice has been found already, don't stop looking! You never know!

DSCN1336.JPGDSCN1337.JPGDSCN1338.JPGDSCN1339.JPGDSCN1340.JPG

Upvote 0
Looks like you have been doing well for yourself this year.

Some very nice finds! Looks like some good spots you are on. Never had much luck In the creeks around here but I keep trying after seeing nice stuff like that.

What a beauty it is. Most of the points here are nubs so to find a big point is rare but happens, congrats

Some very nice finds! Looks like some good spots you are on. Never had much luck In the creeks around here but I keep trying after seeing nice stuff like that.

Never looked in creeks until about 2 1/2 years ago. My best finds since then have come out of creeks. I know that anywhere near fields you find points (and pottery), they are also in the creeks nearby...possibly never having had any contact with plows or discs.

Very nice assortment!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back