Accidental geo cache

rainorshine

Oct 6, 2013
Black Hills, SD
Detector(s) used
AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out last night with my 5 year old son. We were on a mission to go pick raspberries. Went to my favorite spot but unfortunately, we were about a week to late. The berries were slim pickens. With the mission a failure, we decided to take a hike down and check out the creek. We happened to stumble upon a geo cache. It was hidden in a rotton stump. We checked out the contents and I explained the whole thing to my son. As you can imagine, there were a million questions! After examination, we carefully replaced all of its contents and went along our way. You just never know what you'll find if you just get out and look.
0809161912.jpg

Upvote 15
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Cool find! Being out with your children doing what you love to do...priceless!

:icon_thumleft:

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
Awesome for you and the boy.

I found one hanging from a tree off an old clothesline anchor (donated park land) but the only contents was a list rolled up with names and dates. So I signed it and put it back. It hadn't been signed in two years.

StillDiggin555

Aug 1, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a wonderful day when you can spend it with your son doing what you love to do! :thumbsup:

neodetectorist

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2016
NE Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro W Stock coil, Fisher F2 W 8" Concentric and 9.5" NEL DD, XPointer pin pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
GEOCACHING is an awesome way to get out and just explore by yourself or with family. I have logged almost 600 myself. I guess this is why I like detecting so much. It is the thrill of the find.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are fun to find. I have stumbled upon 2 of them while out metal detecting. One was also in a rotting stump, and one was in a hole that was dug under a fallen tree.

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool stuff spending time with your son.

OP
OP
rainorshine

rainorshine

Oct 6, 2013
Black Hills, SD
Detector(s) used
AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not exactly sure how geo caching works but I think if you keep the contents you are supposed to put something back in their place. We didn't have anything so we left it as found

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread