Ace 250

DirtDiggerDaveinMD

Jan 31, 2005
WV Hillbilly said:
Has anyone besides me noticed how many 250's are hitting the classifieds . For anyone wanting one there is a lot of deals out there .

They are all over eBay, too. I looked at buying one as loaner unit for people that I know who don't MD. Despite all of the praise, I opted not to buy one. I bought a refurbed White's Classic ID for the same price.

CSOhio

Apr 13, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
there all over for sale in the classifieds, is because the price of this detector is low, it brings people into the hobby who otherwise wouldnt try it because its affordable to buy a nice detector like the ace 250. but alot of newbies get into it to get rich quick and when they find trash or dont learn the machine then they sell sell sell and that is why you see so many for sale. patience is key here

papa

Sep 21, 2006
CSO, you are right,and some folks get so into it,they just want to up grade their machine.Nothing wrong with that,but I like to have a good back up unit.Just in case.

rumme

Apr 2, 2007
well theres always 2 ways to look at things.....

I have seen people suggest that when you see alot of a certain brand name item for sale { used} at places like ebay, amazon..etc..its a sure sign that people are not happy with the performance of the product.......

for instance, just about a week ago I was trying to decide which brand name detector to purchase and I had some people telling me to go with certain " higher priced brands" using the reasoning that you dont see many of these units for sale in used condition...so that must mean how great they are....If a person was to use that theory as 1 of their main deciding factors, then that wouldnt be a good sign regarding the subject of the opening post above. Of course it would opnly make sense that supporters of that brand are gonna come up with positive explainations of why so many used units are flooding the market...

so basically it boils down to this...

those who dont liek a cetain brand will find negatives to explain why you may see so many used units for sael...and those who love that certain brand will find positives to explain why you see so many used units for sale....

So really, in the end, it may be best for anyone thinking about getting into this hobby to spend many days reading about all the terminology, features and abilites of many different brands...then compare prices...and then figure out what your specific needs will be when purchasing a detector. Most people realize this...but some dont and end up purchasing a detector that just seemed to be popular at the time

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread