Actually 1977

kenley

Nov 2, 2008
Seminole County, Ok.
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Christmas Eve, 1977 and I was checking out an old fort on the Rio Grande S.E. of Laredo, Tx.
I walked back to the Jeep and this thing was laying across the trail. I killed it with a .22 magnum derringer loaded with rat shot. It was 6' 4" after I cut it's head off and had only 5 rattles.
I was planning on tanning the hide, but the kid's dog got hold of it and chewed it up. We fed the family and some of the neighbors on the meat.

Attachments

• Christmas Eve 1977 (Medium).jpg
    Christmas Eve 1977 (Medium).jpg
    28 KB · Views: 222

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a big un. Rattles only indicate how many times they shed, not how many years old they are, but this one may have lost it's rattles at some stage and started over. Then again, coulda been a really fast growin snake and that's all it had. Now you will catch hell from some folks for shootin it, but I shall not judge your actions.

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No hell from me, that's a bigun!

OP
OP
kenley

kenley

Nov 2, 2008
Seminole County, Ok.
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
didn't have the problem in 77 we have now. I should have left it to guard our Southern border.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
'Guard our southern border', hahaha, that's pretty good! I come from Oklahoma, where we have 'rattlesnake roundups', and we catch them, and kill them, and eat them. I was disappointed eatin rattlesnake, because it was a little tougher than I thought it would be. And it don't taste like chicken, it tastes like snake. Sorry you didn't get to keep the skin. I had a good one I tanned out about that long, but it had eleven rattles and a button.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread