OP
uniface

uniface

Silver Member
Jun 4, 2009
Central Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
Other
"ON the other hand, Becker out of U Penn has published on Andaste height. And it is pretty clear that that was genetically based."
E.P. Grondine, 2015

Strikingly tall skeletons uncovered in the Ecuador and Peru Amazon region are undergoing examination in Germany, according to a research team headed by British anthropologist Russell Dement . . .

Since 2013, the team has reported finding half a dozen human skeletons dating to the early 1400s and the mid-1500s that measure between 7 feet and 8 feet (213 to 243 centimeters) in height.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/giant...ador-sent-for-scientific-testing_1899636.html

joshuaream

Silver Member
Jun 25, 2009
Florida & Hong Kong
Knocked off at the knees and no scale, but clearly a 7 footer.

They had dwarfs, and made lots of anatomically correct representations of them in art. I’m sure they had some people with pituitary issues as well. I don’t discard tall people.

FWIW, Serpent mound is only a couple of feet high, I highly doubt that picture is original to the mound. (Looks to be at some depth, but there are hundreds of burial mounds around there so maybe associated.

joshuaream

Silver Member
Jun 25, 2009
Florida & Hong Kong

Cool, I guess you have all of the proof you need. Personally, I see a lot of stuff written to capture the imagination of people back in the day when newspapers also ran with stories like that.

One actual skeleton, show one actual skeleton that could be examined today. (Thousands of mound relics and skeletons ended up in the British Museum collection, but not a single one of these fascinating giants? What an unfortunate coincidence.)

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last year I found out all the family legends were true. DNA testing proved the legends, first that one of my ancestors in Austria was a red haired Viking. True. And although the story was supposed to be made up, that story being we had a native American named "Mayhar" marry into the family in the 18th century. Well, don't know about the name, but 4% American Indian by DNA testing. The Amerindian DNA puzzled me as it showed just one genetic group covering both north and south America! One group!

I was watching a NOVA special on Netflix and they had a documentary on about the first Americans. It was interesting. My DNA report showed ONE genome covering all of North and South America, as if everyone came over and was at least remotely related to everyone else. So no room for a race of giants. The DNA and TV series reported one migration with related peoples. No room for "giants" but of course room for a few really tall folks.

A local tribe's folklore / verbal history says the people came from up north and split off into groups as they traveled south, each being given a different language. They say there was a race of white people living there when they first got there.
This race of white people had traditions that they once shared the earth with giants.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting discussion, like something to ponder on late at night when there's nothing else to do. Time to go digging.

OP
OP
uniface

uniface

Silver Member
Jun 4, 2009
Central Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
Other
In this country, Native American Grave Protection and Repatriation Act (supposedly) erased any of their remains not destroyed outright that may have been kept off the books in a back room somewhere.

Against which there are scores of contemporary accounts in various County Histories of these having been sent to the Smithsonian, with letters from it quoted acknowledging receipt and thanking the donors. In at least a few cases, there were excavations carried out by Smithsonian personnel/under Smithsonian supervision. Both are documented in Smithsonian Annual Reports.

Wiggle room on that point is nonexistent. Only categorical denial in the face of evidence to the contrary (like Clovis First), and groundless claims of professional incompetence (like inability to reconstruct a skeleton properly). (Never mind that, given femurs measuring 28 inches and 30 inches settle the size issue once and for all).

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

From the article:

The Smithsonian Institution is mentioned dozens more times as the recipient of enormous skeletons from across the entire United States. The skeletons mentioned no longer seem to exist regardless of their actual size, and the remaining ones that were on display were removed and repatriated by NAGPRA (Native American Graves Protection and Repatriation Act). While the authors certainly support this law, it does present a moral and ethical conundrum in terms of trying to ascertain the proof everyone wants to see - physical evidence of giants.

And here are the references cited by the article:

1. Wilkins, Fate Magazine , January, 1952.
2. Don W. Dragoo . Mounds for the dead. Annals of Carnegie Museum, Vol. 37. McDonald and Woodward / Carnegie Museum.1963. p.72.
3. The World , October 7, 1895.
4. Giants On Record: p.128.
5. The Pittsburgh Press , July 20, 1913 .
6. Ogden Standard Examiner , Sunday, November 10, 1929, pg.32.
7. The New Age Magazine, Volume 18, 1913, pg.207
8. Hubert Howe. The Native Races of the Pacific states of North America . 1875.
9. Jeffrey Goodman Ph.D. American Genesis: The American Indian and the origins of modern man. Summit Books. 1981.

Can I at least be forgiven if I am not quite blown away by these citations? I don't believe any of the links you posted advanced the case for giants. Why don't you go the next step, and find giants, or recover those already claimed to have been found? If all you want is for everyone to say they agree with you that there must have been a race of giants in America, or elsewhere in the world, most of us are going to want to see a whole lot more then what you have come up with. As Joshua noted: "They had dwarfs, and made lots of anatomically correct representations of them in art. I’m sure they had some people with pituitary issues as well. I don’t discard tall people."

See, I don't know understand why skepticism rubs you wrong. I'm a Fortean, so I like anamolous phenomenon, etc., but I do not adopt the attitude that if something is upsetting the apple cart, therefore it must be right. There is nothing wrong with skepticism, and you are free to believe whatever you want to believe, without needing the approval of everybody else...

scotto

Bronze Member
Dec 23, 2006
My first M/D find
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Say there were really and truly 7-8 foot "giants" that lived here and were buried in mounds many years ago.

Why the heck would anyone want to cover that up? I mean, really?

It's like all of these "flat earthers," who believe that the powers that be are keeping people away from the "edge" of the earth that's surrounded by ice. Why? For our own protection? To keep it secret? That's just stupidity to the extreme.

OP
OP
uniface

uniface

Silver Member
Jun 4, 2009
Central Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
Other
Can I at least be forgiven if I am not quite blown away by these citations?

Sure thing -- if I can at least be forgiven for pointing out the obvious : that since acknowledging these has been professional Crimethink for scores of years by now, for any "respectable" pro to accept them in print would be professional suicide. Not to mention that any right-thinking "scholarly:" journal would be as likely to print it if one were offered as the Democratic party hierarchy would be to praise the president. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy.

So what's left is little fringe outfits with nothing to loose.

This never seems to sink in -- and the bigger the noise people make about being "scientific," the harder it is to get into their heads : If Watson and Crick had published their DNA blueprint in a comic book, or in the Ladies Home Journal, or in the Weekly World News or in The International Worker, it would have been no less revolutionary in importance.

People grow up hearing, "Don't judge a book by its cover." Then they turn right around and do exactly that. It's depressing.

OP
OP
uniface

uniface

Silver Member
Jun 4, 2009
Central Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
Other
One actual skeleton, show one actual skeleton that could be examined today.

The previous gambit was "not one picture." Until I showed you one. Now it's "show me one body."

One thing I can be confidently sure of is that when someone finally does find AND DISPLAY one, you'll claim it's a fake.

That game (Let's pretend I'm the judge and it's your job to convince me) goes on forever.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions