Adjusting the Disc Edit on an Eagle Spectrum.

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola
Whites XLT Minelab Quattro Minelab Xterra 50 Fisher Id Edge
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm one of those guys that has a hard time learning things by just reading them but maybe someone can explain this a little better for me. I want to Accept: NEG 20 TO POS 95 Reject: NEG 95 TO NEG 21 but I am driving myself nuts trying to do it. There is only one section as far as I can tell to accept one number and reject one number...It's times like this I want to buy another Tesoro :)...any help would be appreciated. Jason Bernard.

dale68

Jan 12, 2009
there is a way to reject multiple #. If you don't have a manual download one from whites website. directions are in it.(been a while since I had a spectrum & dont remember the exact way). recommend you use tone id, its great. Lots of programs for spectrum/xlt on the net. Xlt is very much like the spectrum.

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really easy in a difficult sort of way.

I find its best to use DISC EDIT rather than block edit and if you want to check what you have set ALWAYS do this in disc. edit.

Anyhow select what basic programme you want to use. I always start from Relic but thats up to you.

Select DISC EDIT and press ENTER. Then hold the "up" arrow key until you get to +95. Decide if you want to accept or reject this number. Accept adds to depth but will have you digging more iffy signals. On your example you would leave as is if "accept" is ticked or press the ENTER key (to change the setting) if its already set to "reject".
Then use the arrow keys to move up and down the VDI range. If what you want is ticked just click the arrow to move on until you get to a setting you don't want where again you press ENTER to change what's selected. In your example keep going till you get to negative/minus 21 and use the ENTER key to select as a reject (if not already a reject which its likely to be unless your using a third part programme) . I would then carry on down to minus 95 just to check those numbers are selected (ticked) as I want. At minus 95 press MENU to exit.

To sum up. After pressing ENTER use arrow keys to move up and down the discrimination scale. Any number you want to change just press ENTER. If already what you want then pass on to the next point you want to change.

When all set to your satisfaction press menu to exit. Don't forget to save and name after you have tried the settings if they work well.

Hope that's not as clear as mud as I've lent my XLT and manual out and making my brain work at six in the morning is not easy !

OP
OP
Coinstriking Michigan

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola
Whites XLT Minelab Quattro Minelab Xterra 50 Fisher Id Edge
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
hanks a lot guys, I am determined to get it right now:thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread