What's new

Adzes

mainejman

Bronze Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2012
Messages
1,046
Reaction score
1,878
Golden Thread
0
Location
maine
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Winter blahs have got me looking at my old stuff...the center adze is my largest wood working tool...She's in rough shape and has a broken bit end...The pole end has been narrowed to facilitate hafting...love these old tools.....mjm IMAG1349.webp
 
Upvote 0
Very cool. I know most of these types derive from the north east and the ones you have been showing are great examples. This one is a rarity because it is from Michigan. Thx for posting, hardstone is my fav.ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1489243803.560669.webp
 
Igyjastabay.............That is one big adz, porphyry too.
 
Wow that's a dandy one thing about these big ones they are hard to miss...I go to Jackson Michigan every year....thanks for the view
 
So sorry to hear of the winter blues just some rain here mostly. Little snow and ice this morning but nothing stuck and its gone now. I just need some sun and a day off together and it will be a good day. Nice pieces as always.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom