Afghanistan's Secret Billion Dollar Emerald Mines

Capt Nemo

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2015
Oshkosh, WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At least the area is anti-taliwanker. Massoud was the leader we should have been supporting in the 80's.

SaltwaterServr

Mar 20, 2015
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
I work with a complete and utter babe from there. Smoking hot. Her uncle sent photos of "emeralds" he wanted to sell. BIG ones. Turned out to be peridot. Also has some double terminated smoky quartz that he thought was some really valuable gemstone of some type. He probably just didnt know any better.

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I work with a complete and utter babe from there. Smoking hot. Her uncle sent photos of "emeralds" he wanted to sell. BIG ones. Turned out to be peridot. Also has some double terminated smoky quartz that he thought was some really valuable gemstone of some type. He probably just didnt know any better.

no pics = she doesn't exist ???

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Use to meet with miners from there when in country, they often provided very good intel and could not stand the Taliban and really wanted the coalition to stay out of their area. I was in country in 09 when rewards where offered to folks on Taliban tards. Word spread and suddenly tali tards started droppin like flies and miners where wanting their 10 bucks. It was a good 3 months of misinformation that some folks where not in a big hurry to stop. LOL

I always liked their prices compared to the prices at the bazaars.

namxat

Feb 2, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not to forget that Afghanistan does provide the bulk of the world supply of Lapislazuli.

While only semiprecious the stuff is quite expensive in better quality.

Greets

Namxat

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread